Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Where's the other half of my movie?

Author Topic: Where's the other half of my movie?
Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2002 06:45 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So I came in to work tonight ... expecting a relatively easy evening with 2 movies coming in to be built up ... but no other stuff that usually gets done on Thursdays (concession inventory, etc.). Airborne Express arrives and delivers .... can 2 of Stuart Little 2. I call Technicolor trying to get an explanation as to why I just have Reel 4 and the DTS disks to Stuart Little 2 ... and none of The Tuxedo. They have no idea. They're sending out another print of the Tuxedo, to arrive at 9:30am tomorrow. They told me I could not just circuit a print from another metro Atlanta playdate that's coming off-screen tonight ... without the permission of Dreamworks. Still haven't heard a THING about Stuart Little 2. Has anyone else just gotten half a movie before?

|  IP: Logged

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-26-2002 08:07 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have seen a lot of things happen over the years. Once I got half of Nightmare on Elm Street part 1 and the other half of Elm street Part 2. I have gotten 2 of the sam reels before. The biggest one was having a print of patch adams with a reel of Star Trek Insurrection in it.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 11-26-2002 09:39 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6:45pm EST => 3:45pm PST => still time to call your Dreamworks booker.

--jhawk

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2002 01:48 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
6:45 EST - 5:45 CST - 45 minutes to late to call my booker who could call Dreamworks.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 11-27-2002 08:55 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just call Technicolor. You can do that without having to call the booker. Just notify the booker of your actions.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-27-2002 04:05 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I did that ... they just said they couldn't circuit a print w/o Dreamwork's approval. So I had to wait for today anyways.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2002 04:30 PM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then, lo and behold, can 2 of 2 of "The Tuxedo" shows up Wednesday afternoon AFTER both prints of Stuart Little 2 and The Tuxedo are already built! So now I have one and a half of each of the original movies that I was supposed to be receiving. This is so frustrating!

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2002 04:57 PM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next time you call Technicolor, ask to speak with a superviser. A couple of months back on a Friday, I had still not received my print of Greek Wedding. I called technicolor and after getting nowhere with the lady that I first talked to, I ask for a superviser who look into the situation and called me back an half an hour later. She had the flight number that the print was shipped on, what time it left New York, what time it was due to arrive at our local airport, and finally when it was due at my theater. She also call back every 45 minutes or so to give me updates until the print finally arrived. All and all, a very good experience with Technicolor.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2002 12:10 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technicolor isn't my problem ... it appears it's the idiots at Airborne Express that are the problem!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: