Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Fox Rewards (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Fox Rewards
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2002 09:12 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else participating in this program with Fox? If so, have you redeemed any of your rewards points for "prizes"?

|  IP: Logged

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2002 11:49 PM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I participate in Fox Rewards, and have for almost 2 years now. I've redeemed for a leather briefcase and a home theatre system.

Tony Ratcliff
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2002 11:52 AM      Profile for Tony Ratcliff   Email Tony Ratcliff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not familiar with this program. What is it?

Tony

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2002 05:31 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fox has a rewards program set up so that when you provide photos of displaying their promotional materials (banners/standees/clings) you are given xxx points. The points vary from item to item. You used to be able to call in and do random trailer quizzes and gain points. You get points for trailer checks and having their trailers programmed in accordance to their request(s). You tyhen are able to redeem these points for all sorts of merchandise/gifts from a redemption book about 2 inches thick!. THey have all sorts of stuff in it, from simple gidgets to riding mowers to HDTV's and everything inbetween... The redemption catalog is sorta like a Service Merchandise catalog from days gone past. I'm not sure if that company is still around anywhere or not...

The reason I asked.. I've gotten like 180,000 points and I'm trying to score a new TV...just wondered if anyone else had "struck it big" by simply doing their job...

So, to the people at Fox... a big fat [thumbsup] [thumbsup] to you for this program... [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

John Scott
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-26-2002 07:25 PM      Profile for John Scott   Email John Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can also visit foxrewards.com to register, find out information about the program, see the online version of the catalog (and order stuff from it), and take the trailer quizes there.

I found that investing in a polaroid camera for the Fox Rewards stuff has been invaluable with regards to this.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 03-10-2005 08:30 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 835 days since the last post.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2005 08:30 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EDIT I know how that damn SOUP NAZI works now.. LOL..
BUMP..

To the foks at Fox... A big super fat [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

I just redeemed points for a new Whirlpool Super Quiet Plus Washer, Super capacity dryer, and a Whirlpool Gold Dishwasher for my house!!! Woo Hoooo [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

And I *still* have points left for more goodies!

Man.. I feel like a kid in a candy store with a pocket full of change. If I coudl only get the company to kick in a new radiant top range for my 'leaving' I'd be SET. LOL...

Again, if anyone from, or affiliated with FOX, reads this post.. THANK YOU !! The fact that we are rewarded in such a manner for simply doing our job is outstanding!

For those of you unfamiliar with this program, check out fox rewards dot com.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-10-2005 09:01 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everything Fox sends gets put up in my lobby once it arrives. Other studios stuff sometimes waits until I have room. I have been enrolled in Fox Rewards for 6 months now and have gotten a fairly nice home theatre reciever with my accumulated points.

R. Andrew Diercks
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-11-2005 03:28 AM      Profile for R. Andrew Diercks   Email R. Andrew Diercks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just redeemed for the first time, got a Digital Camera and a waffle iron. Great program, and Fox definately gets more space in my lobby. [thumbsup]

Other studios should take notice.

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-11-2005 08:03 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad this is working out for many of you. It has not been the case with me. As far as Fox sending reps to check on-screen trailer requests, this has been a joke at my theater. After two years went by, with not so much as a single check, I finally got one of those "we havn't heard from you" replys. I was asked to update my profile, or I would be dropped from the program. Well, guess what? I no longer have the time or the inclination to do that, so I guess I'm toast [Eek!] .

OK, I admit that because I'm busy running the projection operation, I don't have time to run arround taking photos of all the Fox displays we place in the lobby, or listing the many other things we do to promote Fox product.

I recently e-mailed them because I religiously return all Fox trailers, and I had run out of pre-paid return labels. That was a month ago, and I havn't heard jack-shit from them. I'm still saving those trailers. Maybe some day I will get another pre-paid label. Then I'll pack up all the stored trailers in a huge carton, slap on the label, and then wheel it off on a hand truck for a UPS pick-up.

Just for you, Fox Rewards. [fu]

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2005 01:46 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did any of you managers out there ever consider using some of the rewards points to encourage upselling instead of hoarding them all for your greedy-selves? [Roll Eyes]

Over the holidays, the concession staff worked their butts off upselling large drinks and corn during a manager-designed contest. At stake were (I believe) 50,000 rewards points in which the contest winner could redeem for an item from the catalogue. Each staff member was given the equal number of shifts to participate so no one person had an edge over their co-workers in terms of hours worked. Busy shifts were matched against busy shifts, and slow shifts with slow shifts. Each concessionist worked an even match between busy and slow (basically week days/nights vs. weekend days/nights). At the end of the contest computer records were printed and a winner chosen. This year's winner cashed her points in for a DVD player.

Now, whats more important to you guys: digital cameras and HDTV, or upsales that make both staff and district mangers smile in happiness.

Oh, wait . . . I know the answer to that.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2005 11:35 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aaron,

Come to work for Carmike and there would be no need to answer that question.

I look at it this way, after 16+ years you'd think that the company would offer a farewell gift of some sort, or possibly a longevity gift... well, they didn't, nor would they ever.

Fox did!

And I do think that you have a great idea, all things aside. I wish I would have thought about that earlier... I'd use it as such... for every employee found upselling, you get x amount of points for the Fox Rewards redemption.....

Great idea... Too bad I work only four more days... LOL.. [Smile]

Jason Gazaille
Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2005 04:35 AM      Profile for Jason Gazaille   Email Jason Gazaille   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My GM won't give up his social security number for the program. He'd be rich with points. Even though I spend all my time on the phone with FOX and putting up their standees and programming their trailers, I'm not eligible to enter. John, call the number to order trailers. Tell them that you have no labels and that if they want their trailers back, they'd better send you some. I did that and got a package of them from UPS the next day. It works.

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2005 01:25 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that tip, Jason. It's evident they don't read their e-mail. [Frown]

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2005 06:31 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason Black:
I know what your talking about. I've been in this business 14 years myself and the lack of respect is pathetic. Whatever happened to the gifts of gold watches that retiring railroad workers recieved for years of service on the line? When my uncle retired from the steel industry, his company gave him a 20 gauge over-under shotgun. Say, does Fox have any nice pieces in the catalogue? [Wink]

Good luck to you.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: