Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Where's my DTS stuff?

Author Topic: Where's my DTS stuff?
Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-21-2002 07:18 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the normal turnaround time for DTS to send out trailers and trailer discs? I've been waiting four weeks now and nothing has arrived.

|  IP: Logged

Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 11-22-2002 08:47 PM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, too am waiting for stuff from Dolby to arrive. Its been about 2 months now [Confused]

Bob Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2002 11:26 PM      Profile for Bob Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that DTS is not handling the distribution of the trailer disks. We get ours from the TES depot with our films. (Delivered by Airborne Exp.) They come everyother week. It has been this way for the last couple of months. You may need to check with Karen at DTS to see if your theatre is on the distribution list, or you can check with the TES depot. If you e-mail Karen directly she is super about getting back to you. Hope this helps. As far as Dolby goes, we are still waiting for our stuff from the opening of the theatre last year!!

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 11-23-2002 10:28 AM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Err, TES only has one "depot," in Wilmington, OH. But yes, TES is now handling DTS disc distribution. If you go to exhibitor.technicolor.com and check the "Screen detail" information for your account, you should make sure the number of DTS screens is accurate.

I believe (not certain) that is what control how many DTS discs you receive from TES. Ours come in airborne padded packs...

--jhawk

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 11-23-2002 11:30 AM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AFAIK TES is in Ontario, CA (that's California, not Canada) as well.

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 11-23-2002 08:00 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a link to Technicolor Entertainment Services:

http://www.technicolor.com/services/index.html

Here's a map and directory of Technicolor locations, including TES in Ontario CA and Wilmington OH:

http://www.technicolor.com/aboutus/global.html

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 11-23-2002 08:29 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps I should be a bit more specific.

My understanding is that TES's depot for prints is in Wilmington, OH, and that most prints are shipped through there. They also have an office in Ontario, CA, from which they ship most marketting materials. I've never seen a print come from Ontario, though I suppose it's not unreasonable for them to warehouse west coast stuff there...but for some reason I'm under the impression that is not so.

Steve, do any of your prints come from Ontario? (!)

--jhawk

John Pytlak
Film God

- posted 11-23-2002 09:17 PM      Profile for John Pytlak   Author's Homepage   Email John Pytlak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last I knew, the Ontario CA TES did handle prints for the west coast. Maybe that's changed?

Steve Kraus
Film God

- posted 11-23-2002 09:28 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm served out of Wilmington. But Ontario is where I call when someone screws up and has the audacity of charging me for print shipping. (I don't pay shipping.)

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2002 08:56 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was unaware of the fact that Technicolor handled DTS ad material. Sharon transferred my order to customer service once I sent her my TES account number.

On a related topic, I ordered DTS wall plaques, but all of our DTS and SDDS equipment is on rollaround carts. If I switch equipment and I want to move the plaques, I'm gonna have ugly holes in the wall. Does anybody have any ideas on covering this problem up? It'll be a lot easier to convince our facility manager to install the plaques if I have some solutions [Smile]

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2002 10:56 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve - Why don't you just put the plaques in the lobby instead of by a specific auditorium? [Smile]

You could also "hang" them up there like a picture, but they'll probably get stolen that way...

=TMP=

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 11-25-2002 01:18 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

TES doesn't handle DTS ad material (35mm trailers, t-shirts, tweakers, etc.). They handle DTS trailer discs only. Probably because as well as doing films, TES is one of the largest manufacturers of compact discs (for record labels and such).

As for the plaques, I would suggest you mount a metal plate to the wall, and then put the holes for the plaques in the metal plate. Then you'll have a nice metal plate on the wall (with holes in it) instead of a wall with holes in it, and it will probably be much less unsightly.

--jhawk

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-25-2002 03:11 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe get some Dolby surround or whatever other analog sound format you have and move them around accordingly. I would think between SDDS, DTS, and SR it would cover 99% of all movies.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: