Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » What brand/model of seat is this?

Author Topic: What brand/model of seat is this?
Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2002 11:26 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got some seats that reportedly came out of an old AMC theater which I used for my screening room. I have some seat backs and other parts left over, and was wondering what brand/model of seat it is before I post something in the "For Sale" thread. Here are some pictures:

***The Upload Image thing is gone again. *sigh* Here are links:***
here -- "Front Of Chair"
here -- "Back Of Chair"

Any help would be appreciated, and if you're interested in them, by all means email me!!!

=TMP=

|  IP: Logged

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2002 12:12 PM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a 70s/80's vintage American Standard seat. Plastic back, metal seat pan. AMC and UA purchased these in bulk I belive

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 11-14-2002 12:50 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The upload feature is still available and has not stopped working. Click the Upload button on the left to upload pictures.

Here's Thomas' seats:

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-14-2002 02:22 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not sure.

However, it does give the appearence of an Irwin Citation, but the key thing was the extra bolt on the bottom of the seat back bracket that bolts to the standard.

The standard foot looks a tad bit different than the Erwin Citation, also. Namely, the number of holes it has for bolting to the floor.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2002 02:36 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
D'OH!

I didn't realize the upload thing moved to the menu bar and was looking for it on the main frame. Sowwy!

=TMP=

Marc Jones
Film Handler

- posted 11-14-2002 07:16 PM      Profile for Marc Jones   Email Marc Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Paul it is an Irwin, also there should be a Letter Stamped on the bottom of the seat and Standard.

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 11-14-2002 10:58 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I edited my first post. After looking it over carefully after the picture was brightened up, I am convinced it is a previous model of the Irwin Citation.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2002 04:43 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would agree - it's an Irwin.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: