Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Ass Man

Author Topic: Ass Man
Mark Maxwell
Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2002 01:56 AM      Profile for Mark Maxwell   Email Mark Maxwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is not just a story but a therapy session about my Assistant Manager who should just go by Ass. Man. because that is all he is. I've read several threads on here dissing assistant managers, but this guy takes the cake. He does nothing. Int the litteral sence of the word. Nothing. On the days that he is left in charge he continues to do nothing. When the manager gets back and complains that nothing was done it should be obviouse that it is because of him because that is what he does. Nothing. He complaines that things weren't done because I didn't do it. Nothing could be more true. I didn't do it because I was in another city working at my full time job. I go to another town on the weekends to work at my old theater, visit with my brother, and visit with a girl. Since I a workaholic this gives me a good exuse to do this as if visiting wasn't enough. He's knows I coming and does nothing. If I don't help him out, he works on it all night and gripes about how I screwd him. He refuses to write anyone up because they might get mad at him. because of that people started coming in late, and stopped showing up whenever they felt like it. The manager lets this happen, and even though they make the schedule, they couldn't tell you who was supposed to be there. When poeple started complaining to me that they weren't getting enough hours, I told then to just come in, clock in, and work. No one will notice that your' not scheduled, and you'll probably be filling in for someone who didn't come in because they knew they could get away with it. I managed this place one summer like a tyrant (I wasn't mean, I just made sure every little thing was done under my watch). I moved off and came back on the weekends because I mised the industry. All I miss now are my old employees who gave me the utmost resect, my position who my replacement doesn't take seriously, and my booth and projectors that I was a "Nazi" with. Sometimes you have to be that way, espeacially when every person in the town you live has only one place to go to watch a movie on the big screen. My old booth looks like a junkyard now, and I'm not there enough to clean it up.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: