Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » ever hear of R/C Theaters?

Author Topic: ever hear of R/C Theaters?
Dave Ganoe
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2002 06:56 AM      Profile for Dave Ganoe   Email Dave Ganoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I applied for a job for this company and got an interview today. Anyone ever hear of them before? What do you know about them? Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Wes Hughes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2002 10:26 PM      Profile for Wes Hughes   Email Wes Hughes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RC has some theatres here on the Viginia and North Carolina shores. I have had a couple of employees that worked for them that were very discouraged by their experiences there (at locations on the NC coast). Apparently upper management there is very poor and the theatres have no competition and therefore no incentive to make improvements to their presentations and facilities.

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2002 02:40 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite a few of the RC theatres in the VA area were bought up by Regal a few years ago.

Robb Johnston
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2002 06:17 PM      Profile for Robb Johnston   Author's Homepage   Email Robb Johnston   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if they are still there, but there were a few RC theatres in Pennsylvania as well. While I went to college, the Majestic in Gettysburg was operated by RC, and I think they also ran a site near Dickinson College in Carlisle PA too.

I know that Gettysburg College owns the Majestic and hopes to convert it back to a single, but last I heard RC is still running on a month to month lease.

Dave Ganoe
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2002 08:41 PM      Profile for Dave Ganoe   Email Dave Ganoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got the job as projectionist at a new 10 screener to open nov 1 here in daytona beach. Thanks for the info.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 08-01-2004 12:55 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 653 days since the last post.

Brandon Willis
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 12:55 PM      Profile for Brandon Willis   Email Brandon Willis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Quite a few of the RC theatres in the VA area were bought up by Regal a few years ago.
- Surf and Sand 8, Virginia Beach (Regal sold it back to R/C in 2001)
- Main Gate 10, Norfolk (Now operated by Phoenix Theatres since early 2003)
- Columbus 12, VA Beach (still Regal)
- Virginians 4, Fredericksburg (Now Closed)
- Fredericksburg 15, Fredericksburg (still Regal)
- Aquia 10, Stafford (still Regal)
Any theatres I left off of this list? Also the Williamsburg Crossing 7 in Williamsburg was opened by R/C but is now operated by Carmike.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 05:41 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you go to their website you will see that they pretty much manage and run crappy locations......

Dave Ganoe
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 06:46 PM      Profile for Dave Ganoe   Email Dave Ganoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've been working for R/C now for nearly 2 years and they are excellent to be working for. Crappy locations! I disagree and not because I work for them. We believe in first class presentations and film done right and our top people do what ever is necessary to achieve this. How can one judge something by looking at a website? It has been so long I had forgotten I ever posted the question. Ya must have alot of free time to look at such old post.

Richard Greco
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2004 07:40 PM      Profile for Richard Greco   Email Richard Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is one major one in St. Petersburg, FL that runs a DLP theatre

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2004 05:50 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry about my post.

I will re-iterate:

The locations in Maryland that they 'manage' and used to manage are pretty much crappy theatres. They are based out of Reistertown, MD I believe.

Hey - every company has their duds - including the company I work for....

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: