Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » New Indian Cinema For Melbourne Australia

Author Topic: New Indian Cinema For Melbourne Australia
Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2002 10:25 PM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A new total Indian cinema has opened in Melbourne Australia.
This new cinema is called the TAJ,purpose built to cater for the indian community in the S East suburbs of Melbourne.
Check it out at, www.taj.com.au

------------------
KALEE FOREVER. CARBON ARC, THE ONLY LIGHT FOR THE STARS!
ALL PARTS FOR VICTOR AND KALART VICTOR 16MM PROJECTORS.SERVICE TO 35 AND 16MM PROJECTION EQUIPMENT.
35MM sprockets made to order.

|  IP: Logged

Michael Pace
Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2002 02:27 AM      Profile for Michael Pace   Email Michael Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Taj Cinema looks good in the photos but I wonder if the Victorian Railways will appreciate the cinema patrons utilising 300 free parking spaces at the Gardiner Station?

I haven't posted in quite a while as I have relocated to Dalby in Queensland to run a single screen cinema.

Regards,

Michael.

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2002 03:25 AM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Welcome back Michael

Stan does the Taj screen Bollywood films with english subtitles? It would be fun to see some of the bollywood musicals.

cheers Peter

Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2002 04:40 AM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes they do Peter,new films will have sub titles in english.

Michael.
It is more of a council car park, because of it TAJ was given the permit to open the cinema, so nothing to do with the railways.
Besides, the car park is near empty at night.

Regards
Stan.

------------------
ALL PARTS FOR VICTOR AND KALART VICTOR 16MM PROJECTORS.SERVICE TO 35 AND 16MM PROJECTION EQUIPMENT.

Craig Hanham
Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2002 08:56 PM      Profile for Craig Hanham   Email Craig Hanham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter,
"Fun to se Bollywood Musicals"?!?!

Are you out of your mind!
The most fun thing with bollywood musicals is "THE END", when you gey to put it back in the box and get paid for screening it.

Yeah actually the odd one can be entertaining.

Stan Gunn
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2002 02:02 AM      Profile for Stan Gunn   Author's Homepage   Email Stan Gunn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Craig I have shown both HINDI and TAMIL films at several sites in melb, and apart from the traumer of makeing up 3 hours of film on flats, with no cores, wrong heads and tails in cans, and 15 mins to show time in a venue your not used to, you can enjoy in most cases a well made movie.
It also helps to have sub titles which most now have,at the TAJ I can go to enjoy a differant type of movie,or a visit to a friendly and comfortable box.

Regards
Stan.

------------------

Paul Cassidy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-16-2002 03:34 AM      Profile for Paul Cassidy   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Cassidy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My all time favourite has to be "Bombay" and a close 2nd "Aunty No1" my kids thought it was a screem .

------------------
A KIWI eats,roots & Leaves.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: