Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Upcoming sequels (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Upcoming sequels
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-11-2002 06:45 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Courtesy of the NATO "IN FOCUS" magazine, here is a list of sequels that are coming in the next couple of years, with release dates where applicable. All dates in 2003 unless otherwise noted.

The Jungle Book II (animated sequel) - Feb. 7

Shanghai Nights - February

Ripley's Game ("sort of a sequel" to The Talented Mr. Ripley) - April 4

Jeepers Creepers 2 - April 18

X-Men 2 - May 2

The Matrix Reloaded - May 15

Fast and the Furious 2 - June 6

The Rugrats Meet the Wild Thornberrys - June 13

Charlie's Angels 2: Halo - June 27

Legally Blonde 2: Red White & Blonde - July 2

T3: The Rise of the Machines - July 2

Exorcist 4:1 - July 18

Bad Boys 2 -- July 18

Spy Kids 3 - July 23

Tomb Raider 2 - July 25

American Wedding (sequel to American Pie) - Aug. 1

The Whole Nine Yards 2 - Summer

The Matrix Revolutions - Nov or Dec

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - Dec. 17

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - December (I had previously heard this was pushed back to summer 2004)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 5 - Oct. 31

Sometime in 2003:
Meet the Fockers (sequel to "Meet the Parents")
Freddy vs. Jason
Final Destination 2 (winner of the "Stupidest Title" award)
Gods & Generals (prequel to Gettysburg)

The Amazing Spider-Man - May 7, 2004

Shrek II - June 18, 2004

Also in 2004:
Mission Impossible 3
Rush Hour 3

Star Wars Episode III - Memorial Day weekend 2005

And here is the last paragraph in the article...see if this makes your skin crawl:

"And finally, defying narrative logic and dead main characters, James Cameron announced at a press conference in September that he has begun work on the script for 'Titanic 2.'"

|  IP: Logged

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2002 07:37 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can see the ad now - "Titanic 2 - The Rusting - Only in theatres"

Peter Berrett
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2002 09:07 PM      Profile for Peter Berrett   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Berrett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I want to see

'The Good, The Bad And The Ugly II"

In Italian with English dubbing

cheers Peter

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2002 11:02 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps:

The year is 1937, 25 years after Rose lost Jack. She becomes very depressed and her friends suggest she needs a vacation. Rose books herself a flight on.... The Hindenburg!!

No wait... that can't be, because we saw her as an old woman. Oh well.

So what would it be about anyway?
=TMP=

Franklin Armstrong
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2002 11:36 PM      Profile for Franklin Armstrong   Email Franklin Armstrong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HERE IS THE SITE I GO TO http://www.filmreleases.com/filmreleases/

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-11-2002 11:43 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"The year is 1937, 25 years after Rose lost Jack. She becomes very depressed and her friends suggest she needs a vacation. Rose books herself a flight on.... The Hindenburg!!"

That's hilarious! But you just never know. It could be worse.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2002 09:57 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Add to the sequel list Havana Nights: Dirty Dancing 2 (11/21/2003).

Charlie's Angels 2: Halo is now Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle.

WB has targeted the third Harry Potter picture for 2004.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-13-2002 12:21 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That new Charlies angels 2 title brings back memories of Speed 2: Cruise Control.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2002 03:17 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, there are trailers available for these titles already.
Just take a copy of the original trailer and scratch a number 2 on the title frames.
This will work especially well for horror movies and I bet no one will know the difference.
I already have a trailer for Abandon 2.

------------------
Find me online
AOL: Dexter Caldwell
yahoo!: dexter_caldwell

"It is the opinion of the entire staff the Dexter is criminally insane."

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-13-2002 02:04 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That James Cameron quote may be authentic, he is known for bieng a jokester about his upcoming projects.

Actually, here is a doozy, and this is actually true.

DIE HARD 4.

No kidding. Bruce Willis's production company agreed to make a fourth installment in order to gain the rights to a NAME to a film that they wanted for his latest picture. The movie, now called TEARS OF THE SUN, will be called instead MAN OF WAR. I'm sorry, but I liked the first one better, and to trade an entire movie that will probably suck, to get a movie title that DOES suck? Not good.

Dave

Gordon Hedges III
Jealous of everyone not me

- posted 10-13-2002 11:59 PM      Profile for Gordon Hedges III   Email Gordon Hedges III   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read somewhere that there is a sequel to DUMB & DUMBER...

Titled:

DUMB & DUMBERER

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2002 02:14 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Add to the list

First Wives Club 2
George of the Jungle 2
Gladiator 2
Godzilla 2
Ice Age 2
Independence Day 2
Indiana Jones 4
I know What You Did Last Summer 3
Jumanji 2
Jungle Book 2
Mad Max 4
Rocky 6
Scary Movie 3 - Episode I: Lord of the Brooms
Scooby Doo 2
Small Soldiers 2
Seriously, Dude, Wheres My Car?
True Lies 2

Of course, some of these have been discussed already.

------------------
Find me online
AOL: Dexter Caldwell
yahoo!: dexter_caldwell

"It is the opinion of the entire staff the Dexter is criminally insane."

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2002 10:45 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"First Wives Club 2" sounds about as dumb as "Final Destination 2" or "The Neverending Stoy 2"...

Hopefully we won't see a "Nutty Professor 3" or "The Flintstones 3: Viva la Franchise"

Personally, I think sequels would be better without the number. Like "The Matrix Reloaded" is instead of "The Matrix 2: Reloaded" but I guess if people don't see a number after the original title, they're too dumb to realize it's a sequel. ("Hey, didn't these same three girls play in 'Charlie's Angels'?")

=TMP:2=

P.S. Are we going to need new lenses and plates for "Exorcist 4:1"?

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-14-2002 05:33 PM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In some cases having the number is a good idea. Lets take star trek for example. Without the number, we wouldn't be able to know which ones were the odd number ones and therefore sucked on entirely new levels.

Star trek 2 4 and 6 all were good to very good, 8 was very good, although it had no number. 10 also should be good.

And this is what I am tired of.. all of this SL2 (stuart litttle 2). D2 (the mighty ducks). hey wait a minute, the first one was called the mighty ducks, and the second one is also called the mighty ducks???? I AM SPINNING.

Terminator 2, or T2 started it all. THANKS A LOT CAMERON.

Dave

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2002 06:01 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I know What You Did Last Summer 3
------

Shouldn't that be I know what you did the summer before the summber before last summer?

(I have seen on Movie Mistake websites people complaing about the title 'I still know what you did last summer' Since the film takes place a year after the first film. It should have correctly been titled 'I still know what you did the summer before last summer'

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: