Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Technicolor ARS labels?

Author Topic: Technicolor ARS labels?
John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 07-30-2002 12:06 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got the following letter from Technicolor today enclosed with some trailers and one-sheets:
quote:
Technicolor
Cinema Distribution

July 15, 2002

Re: ARS Labels

Dear Exhibitor:

PLEASE NOTE: Trailer-return shipping labels will no longer be enclosed with advertising materials shipped by Technicolor. Please destroy any unused "ARS" labels as the current trailer return program is being discontinued. Continued use of these labels may result in transportation charges to your theater.

A new trailer-return program will soon be inplemented.

Thank you for your help.

Kindest regards,

TECHNICOLOR CINEMA DISTRIBUTION

Now, I don't remember ever getting an ARS label from TES, so the whole premise seems a bit weird. Still, if there's any chance that TES is revamping their trailer returns such that people might actually stand a chance of getting old trailers when they need them, then I'm all for it!

Anyone have any details?

--jhawk

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-30-2002 01:28 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We got the labels with some shipments, but not all. I would bet that TES is negotiating with Airborne to do trailer pickups. Would make sense since that's who does all their deliveries.

Brooks M. Davies
Film Handler

- posted 07-31-2002 01:06 PM      Profile for Brooks M. Davies   Email Brooks M. Davies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we recieved that notification too. wonder how long this will take? by the time the "new" shipping gets running ill have boxes and boxes to send them, and ill recieve 1 label...lol

Manuel Francisco Valencia
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-02-2002 03:53 PM      Profile for Manuel Francisco Valencia   Email Manuel Francisco Valencia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also got this message but after doing a little Q&A with some people I found out that this is only for studio trailers and not rolling stock. We were told to discard the messsage entirely and just ship our ads the same way as before.

John Hawkinson
Film God

- posted 08-02-2002 03:54 PM      Profile for John Hawkinson   Email John Hawkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It pretty clearly says "Trailers."

--jhawk

Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2002 01:41 AM      Profile for Manuel Francisco Valencia   Email Manuel Francisco Valencia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Shit!

Many people also refer to the ads as trailers. Many people send their old trailers to their discount theatres and hardly ever send them back so the only thing shipped using the ARS labels are ads so when they get the memo the first thing they think of is ads. Also they came with our next ad flight.

Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2002 01:51 AM      Profile for Manuel Francisco Valencia   Email Manuel Francisco Valencia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might I also add that you never freakin know what the hell is up when it comes to Technicolor.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: