Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » THX Trailers (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: THX Trailers
Paul Rich
Film Handler

- posted 06-22-2002 12:42 PM      Profile for Paul Rich   Email Paul Rich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody know the best way to go about getting some new THX trailers? Ours are in horrible shape and don't even play in DTS any more.

-Paul

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-22-2002 12:59 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Contact THX Ltd and if your license is current they will provide them

Darren Briggs
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 08:46 AM      Profile for Darren Briggs   Author's Homepage   Email Darren Briggs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can have
6 trailers a year free of charge.
2 lobby posters a year,
and if your an all THX site, a free THX light box for the lobby.

Darren

Bob Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 09:10 AM      Profile for Bob Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And for all of you, I just spoke with Sally Middleton (contact person) at THX last week and placed my order. She informed me that THX has deleted the GRAND trailer and replaced it with the SIMPSONS. Yes the SIMPSONS is back in stock, both in Scope and Flat mine are on the way. It is not on the order form, but when you order, just pencil it in.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-23-2002 12:41 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Simpsons in scope? You sure about that? THX has released that one 3 times now I think and it's never been available in scope before (but it's finally MUL now).

Do you have an email address for Sally?

Paul Rich
Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 12:41 PM      Profile for Paul Rich   Email Paul Rich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anyone has an order form for these trailers, could you please send it to paul-rich@comcast.net or fax it to 615-895-3346

-Paul Rich

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 01:56 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is the simpsons one actually real?!

I've have seen it on the web before and just thought it was a spoof taken from an episode.

David Stambaugh
Film God

- posted 06-23-2002 02:04 PM      Profile for David Stambaugh   Author's Homepage   Email David Stambaugh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it's real! What does Abe Simpson say in it? "It's not loud enough, turn it up!" (or something like that)

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 04:05 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Turn it up, Turn it uh-up" (this while peoples heads are exploding and teeth are shattering.) I can't really understand why THX actually made those as they only perpatuate the notion that "Digital sound just means louder sound" and THX is nothing but a volume increase. Its not a technically showing trailer, like some of the THX: TEX ones (i'm a sucker for the cows!). My favorite is the THX: Cimmarron.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 04:10 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I was thinking..

Do you really want heads exploding and shatering teeth to advertise your sound?

Greg Anderson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 07:23 PM      Profile for Greg Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Simpsons THX trailer appeared on an episode first and then as a trailer. But I could only guess as to why THX played along with the joke in the first place (allowing it to be on the TV show with the real THX "deep note") and then ratified it by putting it in theatres. I guess those folks at Lucasfilm aren't too stuffy.

Brad Morris
Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2002 07:30 PM      Profile for Brad Morris   Email Brad Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, It's nice they can laugh at themselves.

My favorite is still Cimmeron in 70MM.

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 06-27-2002 09:44 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom Holman seems to like The Simpsons trailer a lot. He spoke of it as though it were an honor to have been spoofed by the show. The entire time I was attending, that was the trailer he always showed to close out his first lecture to incoming production students at USC.

In a real-world situation, I think it depends on the movie you are about to show. If it's a movie that a bunch of stoner kids are coming to see and their brownies are just kicking in then that's a great trailer to run. On the other hand, if you're about to run "On Golden Pond" then maybe it might be best to forego the THX trailer entirely.

Is there a quiet THX logo trailer?

I'll tell you which THX trailers I can't stand...The ones with the robot guy...Tex? Hate those.

Bob Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-28-2002 10:54 AM      Profile for Bob Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just Wondering,,,,,, Brad, how long do you think it will be until DTS gets the Simpsons back on the discs?

Bob Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2002 08:43 PM      Profile for Bob Brown   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey!! I just recieved my new THX trailers today, and the Simpsons are now in the House!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: