Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Technicolor: Poetry in motion

Author Topic: Technicolor: Poetry in motion
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-13-2002 12:29 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems Technicolor has now added Bad Poetry to their list of accomplishments. This is from the front page of their site: (exhibitor.technicolor.com):

-----------------------------------------------------
Technicolor hopes the site can be beneficial to you,
Now we can introduce you to a feature that’s simple to do!

Just click on the “Order Status” to see recent materials that were placed,
To obtain this information enter in a range of dates!

If you have any questions don’t hesitate to request,
Just click on “Contact Us”, your contentment is our main interest!

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2002 02:30 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know the print was in dangerous hands
When it arrives in those orange cans.
Broken reels that are a disgrace
One hit Chipper in the face!
Shipping bands stuck on with tape
Then crammed in the cans by brainless apes.
Integrity inspection by the blind
As films arrive with several green lines,
But covering them up shouldn't be hard
Just douse the reel in PhotoGuard.
Hundreds of trailers still on back order
While time until release is getting shorter.
Posters for indies? You must be kidding...
They're all at the megaplex, where they're still sitting.
It won't help if you scream or holler,
It's just part of the fun of dealing with Technicolor!

=TMP=

Greg Mueller
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2002 02:45 PM      Profile for Greg Mueller   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Mueller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bravo

------------------
Greg Mueller
Amateur Astronomer, Machinist, Filmnut
http://www.muellersatomics.com/

John T. Hendrickson, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2002 06:57 PM      Profile for John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Email John T. Hendrickson, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Thomas! I think you covered it all.

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2002 11:00 AM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks

One thing I noticed though, I wrote PhotoGuard, and it had been changed to FilmGuard. The poem was supposed to show Technicolor's incompetency and the inferiority of PhotoGuard. (That line meaning to be sarcastic) I'll edit the post and change it back

=TMP=

Rachel Gilardi
Madam Moderator

- posted 06-23-2002 02:00 AM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I was in your poem!

Me and my husband got a good laugh out of it, GREAT!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-23-2002 02:10 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
You didn't type Photoguard. I can't for the life of me remember what you typed since that was a week and a half ago, but it definitely was not an actual trade name for any product. I frequently delete people's double postings and recently have been deleting people's signatures from the "three word game" thread to make the thread read smoother. When in the mood I will also correct mispellings from time to time and your poetry was too nice to leave it with a typo. I assumed you were referring to FilmGuard.

By the way if you really want to be accurate, TES used ImageGuard, not Photoguard. Yup, just another "guard" to throw you off guard!

Thomas Procyk
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2002 01:44 PM      Profile for Thomas Procyk   Email Thomas Procyk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad -- Oops on my part! Well, whatever they use it sucks. I'm also beginning to think that "Chipper" isn't a noun, but I guess every great masterpiece has its flaws.

=TMP=

Manny Knowles
"What are these things and WHY are they BLUE???"

- posted 06-27-2002 10:12 AM      Profile for Manny Knowles   Email Manny Knowles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a good laugh reading that one.

Now I understand the straight-jacket!

Nurse! He's out of his room again!

Just kidding. Good job, Thomas.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: