Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Ready Theatre Systems (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Ready Theatre Systems
Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-14-2002 11:49 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone out there actually using the Ready Theatre Systems stuff?

Any comments both good and bad.

No manufacturer's comments please. Just interested in what the end-users have to say.

Steve

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2002 01:13 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve,

We are very seriously looking in to replacing our current Box system with RTS. We haven't don't it yet, but we have our resident computer guru running the demo on his laptop. He used to work with Mars at UA so he knows a thing our two about POS systems. So far we haven't found anything we can't live with.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-14-2002 05:58 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RTS is very good better than Radiant or MARS

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-14-2002 07:02 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your comments and keep em coming!

Steve

Rachel Gilardi
Madam Moderator

- posted 04-16-2002 02:07 AM      Profile for Rachel Gilardi   Email Rachel Gilardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At my old theater we used RTS, unfortunatly I don't use it now. I thought it was a very nice basic program, it has everything you need and is very reliable. If you do end up needing tech support, I never had a problem that they couldn't fix right over the first phone call.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-16-2002 04:47 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Radiant and MARS are sooo bad. Radiant crashes whenever you try to do ANYTHING print out a schedule, CRASH! Preoccess a deposit CRASH! it is just really buggy. And radiants tech support is at best a joke. (Loews has thier own hekp desk that is pretty good but sometimes thay have to call radiant and they never ever get back to us)

Paul Turner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2002 01:24 AM      Profile for Paul Turner   Email Paul Turner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use RTS for a single-screen art house. We have a single set-up for both box and bar. Very happy with it. Support is great via email or phone – 24/7. They walk you through set-up and deal most patiently with silly newbie questions. Get a touch screen, a good one. It makes it sing. We run it with their thermal printer and it’s never failed. Quite intuitive so everyone learns to use it quickly. Reports are easy and very nice. Tracks everything with ease. It’s Windows based so it’s all very familiar. I’m making plans to build a twin in the near future and I’ll be installing this system when I open.

I am not familiar with other systems out there. I went from using rolls of tickets from an office supply to this system. I chose it because I emailed the guys who run RTS and they seemed to be pretty on the ball. I was right. I don’t use a lot of the fancy features like the gift certificates and I still use a separate Visa machine, so I can’t say how they work. But, over-all it works very well for me. The high-point being the customer service.

Kevin Baglow
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2002 05:03 AM      Profile for Kevin Baglow   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin Baglow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive used it (RTS) in two of my theatres. Im very happy with it. The internet credit card ticket sales will be fun when we get it. I started with Rusty Gordons Sensible cinema programme. All by friends use that programme and are very happy with that too.
cya

Charles Lubner
Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2002 03:03 PM      Profile for Charles Lubner   Author's Homepage   Email Charles Lubner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never used RTS, but I will agree Radiant can be buggy. It's a nice program with a lot of features, but I think the backoffice menu is layed out poorly with too many buttons. It's a memory hog too!! I like the touchscreens and the user interface however. The one feature that is just terrible and should be melted down are their remote ticket kiosks, where customers can purchase their own tickets. I've never seen one work properly for more than a week without some piece of hardware failing. Radiant has a lot of potential, but it needs to work out the kinks.

David Favel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2002 04:23 PM      Profile for David Favel   Email David Favel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a website for Ready?

Bob Cunningham
Film Handler

- posted 04-18-2002 05:35 PM      Profile for Bob Cunningham   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The website for RTS is rts-solutions.com

Jeff Knoll
Film Handler

- posted 04-28-2002 12:39 AM      Profile for Jeff Knoll   Author's Homepage   Email Jeff Knoll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had been using Sensible Cinema since 1998 and really enjoyed it, but we really wanted to integrate concession sales. We tested RTS back in 2000 and really liked it, after upgrading our computer and aquiring touch screen, we fully implemented an RTS system in December of 2001. It is fantastic. A complete solution - box office, concessions, employee scheduling and time clock, film scheduling and a built in loyalty/debit card system.

In the past, I have used most systems, and this has to be my favorite so far. It is obvious that it was designed by theatre folk! As for tech support... all I can say is I wonder if Rob & Greg actually sleep!! They are quick, friendly and resolve issues very fast. They have even been known to make changes in the software to meet specific needs (for Canadian tax reporting for example).

If you haven't already, try it out. E-mail me if you have any specific questions that I can answer from experience. jknoll@film.ca

Jeff Knoll
Film.Ca Inc. (Encore Cinemas)

Mike Miller
Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2002 06:22 PM      Profile for Mike Miller   Email Mike Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up here in Western Canada, we are mainly using Omniterm with new installs/renovations. I myself have never played with RTS. Omniterm is a very simple MCC/POS/CONC interface to use, but has its limitations, being based is DOS and all. I here the new Windows NT version isnt bad. Anybody else like/hate the Omniterm system. It does hhave its bugs, thats for sure.

Thanks,

Mike

Steve Anderson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-02-2002 08:39 PM      Profile for Steve Anderson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have just bought the RTS system. The managers office is stacked with boxes of touch screens and computers. The new owners are gutting the old concession area and rebuilding. Hope to have these up and running soon!

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-04-2002 02:23 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Before you do you'd best check out the new Sensible Cinema Box Office Pro for Windows. It does management, Concession, and box office. The software lists for $599.00, one time charge, no recurring fees, and can be gotten discounted from some dealers and reliably performs the equivelent of other compeditiers bigger mega thousand dollar systems It is also touch screen ready and will interface to many types of printers. Data will also transfer directly to Excell, Word, and other Microsoft based products.
We have sold a huge number of the Standard DOS based systems and they have proven totally reliable, not one failure, no bugs, and customers love it. It networks easily and most of the systems we've installed are all networked back to a managers computer. We normally use the Epson thermal printers and Sensible sells paper stock(color coded) that is heaveier and costs less than a half cent per ticket. Not the usual 2 to 3 cents per ticket of the more expensive ticketing systems.
This system will be blowing right past everything out there so evaluate other systems VERY carefully before you purchase anything else.
Mark @ GTS www.sensiblecinema.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: