Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Slide projector Audio installation on a CP55

Author Topic: Slide projector Audio installation on a CP55
Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2002 03:59 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We will soon be installing a slide projector audio system made by Arion Corporation in our booth. We would like to have it wired into the non-sync part of the CP55, but we have another unit hooked into it currently (Satellite pre-show music). What we would like to happen is when the audio for the slide projector is turned on it automatically overrides the satellite reciever and when the slide presentation is over, the satellite reciever takes over again. We have considered the easy but non-preferred solution of a manual A-B switch but that would just be another button to push before the show. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

------------------
Adam Fraser
www.pinestheatre.com

|  IP: Logged

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 04-02-2002 04:38 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, you have Mag, Aux, and Non-sync inputs available on TB-1 of the CP-55. Seems to me you can use these options, and set up your format card to give you what you want.

I have to admit it has been a long time since I goofed with a CP-55, but I am sure Gordon or Steve (and others) could be more helpful in directing you exactly how to do it.

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 04-02-2002 07:51 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As said, format selection is one way to go or you could use a solid state audio relay set to trigger from one line input to another...such as used to mute a jukebox to make an announcement. Radio Design Labs make items such as this (ST-SSR1) website at www.rdlnet.com Arion has been around since the 1960's turning out soem very good multimedia equipment; which I used to service and install for corporate clients in the 1970's.
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre and Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2002 12:43 AM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Guys for the help

------------------
Adam Fraser
www.pinestheatre.com

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: