Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Ali

Author Topic: Ali
Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2001 02:09 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How is Ali doing at your theatre, and what is the crowd reaction from what you have seen?

It sold out both shows yesterday in my largest house and word was pretty good on it. Not sure what it's done today, as I'm off and haven't bothered calling in to check yet.

I noticed that Oceans 11 did really well yesterday also, are they bombing TV with ads again?

And Kate & Leopold, what was the scene change from the sneak version? I wan't able to screen the print we rec'd for yesterdays opener, I let an asst take care of it for me..

Thanks,

------------------
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

|  IP: Logged

Brian Potts
Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2001 12:10 AM      Profile for Brian Potts   Email Brian Potts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ali is doing wonderful. I had to run interlocks on it last night and again tonight. The crowd reaction we are getting are lots of applause at the end of the feature.

John Brookshire
Film Handler

- posted 01-01-2002 07:43 PM      Profile for John Brookshire   Email John Brookshire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aside from the fact that I received two bad reels, and didn't get replacements until after closing Friday night, no so hot. We informed patrons before hand of the conditions of the print, I think that might have had a little to do with it, but nonetheless it's still only filling about half of one of our 230 houses.....

P.S. I hate Technicolor

John Walsh
Film God

- posted 01-01-2002 09:25 PM      Profile for John Walsh   Email John Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked our accounting dept. and they said "Ali" did well in it's first week's release, but then there was a 70% drop next week.

Heyward Garner
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2002 03:13 AM      Profile for Heyward Garner   Email Heyward Garner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, aside from my three *incredibly* unhappy reels, Ali held well for what... A week? Numbers dropped quickly, but did not drop too far. As of today, we had an average of 40 people/show, so not so shabby for us to get rid of the print...

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2002 10:38 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ali "did not drop too far"? The stadium theater near me just moved it to last show only (in a double-up with Jimmy Neutron).

That's what a 52 percent falloff for the 3rd weekend of an Xmas Day release will do.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: