Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Theatre Websites (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Theatre Websites
Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2001 02:15 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where did the movie theatre website links go? I wanted to add our theatre's website, and get any comments anyone cares to share. it is www.pinestheatre.com Thank you for any responses.

|  IP: Logged

Richard C. Wolfe
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2001 04:29 PM      Profile for Richard C. Wolfe   Author's Homepage   Email Richard C. Wolfe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam,

I think your website looks just fine. Now what do I mean by "just fine"? It looks very similar to my first website which I thought looked great, and many people told me it was great. But then one day a professional website builder that I know came and told me my site lacked punch. What... how could that be I asked, everyone seems to like it. She then told me that it was "flat". What it needed was dimension... 3D lettering and effects to make it stand out. Since she offered to build me a new one at no cost I accepted. Now when I compare our present one to my original I see what she meant. Hers looks much better. So to me... yours looks great, but if it had a little "dimension" added, it would look fantastic.

I took the tour, which is always my favorite part of a website. WOW, what a theatre! As one who usually prefers the old time movie palace look, and doesn't like hardly any multiplexes... I must say that I LOVE your theatre, it's beautiful! It's different, but really neat... warm and cosy, yet very theatrical. Only one thing missing... where's the curtain? I'm hoping it was just open for the picture.

How old is the theatre, and is everything original? It gets five stars in my book!

I hope it's doing well.

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2001 04:59 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info about our website, any comments are appreciated. Our theatre was opened in 1941 and is about 90% original, with the exception of the sound system (digital), switch to Xenon, and a few other things. The building is pretty much the same as people saw it in the 1940's though.

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 12-09-2001 05:01 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oops forgot, we DO have curtains. Had them open for the pictures.

William Bunch
Film Handler

- posted 12-12-2001 08:24 PM      Profile for William Bunch   Author's Homepage   Email William Bunch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful !!

Bill BuncH

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2002 11:37 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the theatre I was at for the last five or so years that I was an operator.
http://www.cameocinema.co.uk/

Jacob Huber
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2002 03:26 PM      Profile for Jacob Huber   Email Jacob Huber   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The place I spend most of my time: www.showplacecinemas.com

Greg Pauley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2002 11:10 PM      Profile for Greg Pauley   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Pauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our website is www.ourshowtimes.com and features a live 24hr webcam placed in the lobby of the Park Place Stadium Cinemas. Richard, check out the Keith Albee Theatre on our website, it's a 1928 Thomas Lamb design.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 02-28-2002 03:37 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, I love the place! Two things though........U need a pix of the outside of the place, and is the cry room where U have to put kids that are disappointed that someone killed all the animals hanging on the walls? Really neat place and must have been one of the few theatres built during the war.
Mark @ NEW GTS

Glenda Cockrum
Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2002 01:36 PM      Profile for Glenda Cockrum   Email Glenda Cockrum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adam, Wow, beautiful, unusual, unique. It's a shame David Lynch didn't see this when filming Twin Peaks, it would have fit right in! How soundproof is your cry room? I am thinking of adding one, just not sure of the soundproofing with the glass?

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2002 03:09 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glenda,
Thanks, our cryroom is pretty soundproof. It has double paned glass and the room is made of 4" walls with 1" solid red cedar exterior. It is really a life saver when there is a crying baby in the theatre. The only time the public can hear them is when the baby is screaming at the top of its lungs. Mark, we are in an area of the country where having trophy animals on our walls is very common.. most little kids love it. BTW the auditorium has no mounts in it for ppl that dont like to see that kinda stuff. And there is a pic of the outside of the theatre in the "maps" link of the website, but thanks for the info. never realized that we didnt have a pic of the exterior in the "theatre tour" section...

------------------
Adam Fraser
www.pinestheatre.com

Patrick de Groot
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2004 04:29 PM      Profile for Patrick de Groot   Email Patrick de Groot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
www.pinestheatre.com
The end of the web of the site
It isn't there anymore

Adam Fraser
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2004 07:07 PM      Profile for Adam Fraser   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Fraser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patrick,
Sorry, the website had to be moved because a squatter got the domain . Network Solutions was sending the bills to the wrong address and they never got to us. Try here, www.pinestheater.com

Dan Chilton
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2004 07:41 PM      Profile for Dan Chilton   Author's Homepage   Email Dan Chilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiosity, how do you guys feel about theater websites... in general? Do you think they detract from or add something to your theater? Do you favor simple informative sites or full-blown, completely-interactive, ticket-buying, show-stopping, concession-requesting internet extravaganzas? What features would you like to see on your theater website?

Just trying to get a conversation rolling, and fish for a few ideas for my own theater's site!

Daryl C. W. O'Shea
Film God

From: Midland Ontario Canada (where Panavision & IMAX lenses come from)

- posted 04-06-2004 07:46 PM      Profile for Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Author's Homepage   Email Daryl C. W. O'Shea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Showtimes should be accessible within one click if they are not on the front page.

Most importantly, the server should automatically remove showtimes Thursday night if they haven't been updated for the following week.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: