Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Regal comment card responses

Author Topic: Regal comment card responses
Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2001 04:15 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I frequently use Regal's "comment card" feature on their WWW site at regalcinemas.com . I sometimes get email responses to some of them and the comment cards do get emailed to the theatre managers. It is important to give positive feedback as well as negative feedback, unlike many customers who only complain.

This morning, I got a response back that I found humorous:

quote:

November 29, 2001

Dear Ms. Criswell:

We have received your comments regarding your visit to our River Oaks Cinema 8 location. I have forwarded your comments to the district manager for his review with and congratulations to the theatre manager.

On behalf of Regal Cinemas, I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know of your pleasant visit to our theatre. It is always a pleasure to hear from happy customers. I am sure the staff at our River Oaks Cinema 8 will be happy to receive a copy of your comments.

Once again, I thank you for your time and consideration. We value your patronage and look forward to your next visit.

Sincerely,
Clint Roberts
Customer Relations Associate

Comment:
Image and sound quality were both flawless. This theatre really shows how great 35mm film can look when presented well. The management and staff at this location are outstanding

First of all, this is the first one that I've noticed addressing me as "Ms. Criswell". I do have 28-inch hair, but how did they think that "Evans" was a female name?

Second, look at the sentence "I have forwarded your comments to the district manager for his review with and congratulations to the theatre manager." This sentence has been in many responses I've received from Regal. It is obviously canned. To me, it appears ungrammatical. The "with and congratulations" wording seems very awkward (and wrong) to me. It must be in the "template letter" that the customer relations people use to build their letters.

For those of you that work at Regal theatres, do you feel that all comment cards are sent back to you at your theatres? I wish Carmike had a similar feature devoted to comments about specific presentations.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

|  IP: Logged

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2001 04:25 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"First of all, this is the first one that I've noticed addressing me as "Ms. Criswell". I do have 28-inch hair, but how did they think that "Evans" was a female name? "

Do we get to call you the bearded lady?

DMs search desperately for positive comment cards (that aren't made out by staff). Positive ones are generally rare, and managers do need a boost every now and then. Generate a half dozen generally positive cards and then send in a negative one and watch what happens.

Jason Black
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2001 07:16 PM      Profile for Jason Black   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Evans,
While there is no actual "comment card" per say, you can always send in your response via the Carmike.com site. I do know that, for the most part, all comments via the sight (especially the unfavorable ones) are filtered down to the local theatre level.

If I ever have any comments sent to me via any website, I reply personally to the sender, whether the original mail is a complaint or praise. Everyone deserves a reply, from the way I see things.

------------------
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-01-2001 11:24 PM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually use the online comment section for Regal. It gives me feel what I may need to work on in my theatre because those comments are sent to the theatre level. Also, I put my business cards in the comment card holders in the theatre which have my email address on it so I can take care of any issues in house as well before they get out of hand. I am very pro active in resolving any issues at my location. Regal has gotten a bad rap-sheet with some people because of some bad apples in the company and I want to really impress people that is not how I run things. Everybody rants about film done right on this site. I believe in that as well as MOVIE THEATRES DONE RIGHT. I better get off my soapbox now...

------------------
Chris Duvall
General Manager
Regal Cinemas #637
Green Valley Ranch 10
Henderson, NV

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-03-2001 03:34 PM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Regal I worked at got e-mailed all the website comments on their theater, I don't know what the procedure, if any, was for dealing with them though. There were a few complaints about the commercials and the number of trailers shown before the movie. One comment that amused me was someone who said "Evolution" was too loud; if they had stayed til the end of that movie they would have seen the PHONE THX message and complained to them instead! (I'll always check on complaints about volume level, but if it really ISN'T too loud I'm not going to turn it down and ruin it for everyone else in the theater just because one person complains!)
I wonder if customers have noticed the differences since I stopped working there (Evidence stated on this site shows that not ALL Regals are run as bad as this one was, BTW!)

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-03-2001 06:36 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The comment cards are compiled into a database and send to each theatre every couple of weeks. Whenever there is contact information provided, the GM is to personally respond to the customer, as well as explain to the DM why the problem occured and what that theatre has done to correct it.

Unfortunately, not all Regals are run as well as they should be. Mine is an example of where the booth is highly neglected by most. But I must say that for the most part floor operations are excelent. It all depends on the GM. Some are just all-around horrible because the GM doesn't care. I've worked under excellent management, and very poor management. All depends on where you go. It's not as uniform as it should be.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-03-2001 06:59 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have forwarded your comments to the district manager for his review with and congratulations to the theatre manager

This is obviously just a typo. One word would fix it: Substitute the word "our" for the "and." It will then make a plausible sentence.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-04-2001 09:32 AM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, it is a typo, but it is a typo that is going out in their messages to every response they give to positive comments. I've been seeing this one for a very long time, and even replied to one message telling them about the error long ago. Of course, although responding to their response does send email to the person that sent the response, they might filter them or not read them.

In some of the older responses, email addresses for different people within the company showed up in the header, as well as the email address for the theatre. I wondered if I could send email to the address like Theatre#aaa#bbb@regalcinemas.com , where bbb is the theatre number and aaa is probably a region number. I never tried it.

------------------
Evans A Criswell
Huntsville-Decatur Movie Theatre Information Site

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: