Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Is Breathing That Interesting?

Author Topic: Is Breathing That Interesting?
Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2001 07:25 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious as to how many of you experienced people coming to MONSTER'S INCORPORATED to see the star wars trailer then leaving the theatre. Not much there for a full price ticket.

They should have stayed for MONSTERS INC...it is quite a good picture.

|  IP: Logged

Wes Hughes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2001 11:12 PM      Profile for Wes Hughes   Email Wes Hughes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had only a few of those...I thought there would have been a few more...

...perhaps the sign I made for the box office proclaiming that no refunds would be given after MONSTERS started kept some of those people away.

Zach Zagar
Film Handler

- posted 11-06-2001 12:12 AM      Profile for Zach Zagar   Author's Homepage   Email Zach Zagar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't have any leavers, but I do think that the trailer did a good TEASE. It served its purpose WAY better than the teaser for Episode 1 did.

------------------
If ya smell, what the Zach is cooking.

Zach Zagar, the most electrifying man in theater entertainment today.

Neil Hunter
Film Handler

- posted 11-30-2001 02:32 PM      Profile for Neil Hunter   Email Neil Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NO!

And that goes for the "Black Eyes" trailer as well.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 12-02-2001 12:25 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I originally programmed 'Black Eyes'to go last thing before the digital snipes on Harry Potter.

The order went...
1. Monsters Inc
2. Fellowship Of The Ring
3. Scooby Doo
4. Star Wars 'Black Eyes'.

But the trailer is just SO BAD, dull and boring that I had to move them around so the patrons didn't fall asleep before the movie got going. They now run...

1. Monsters Inc.
2. Star Wars
3. Fellowship Of The Ring
4. Scooby Doo

So the pack now ends with a laugh from Scooby rather than a yawn from falling asleep after seeing Hayden Christiansen's 'acting'.

Much better.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2001 10:50 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Is Breathing That Interesting?" NO!

One good thing about seeing Harry Potter at the Loews Kips Bay in NYC is that you don't have to put up with any Star Wars crap. After all, Loews does not run 20th Century Fox product in Manhattan.

OTOH the pre-show included slides for Kiss of the Dragon and The Last Castle -- two pictures that are long gone from first-run.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: