Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Star Wars Episode II (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Star Wars Episode II
Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-12-2001 05:59 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Star Wars episode II trailer to be attached to Monsters Inc.....According to WWW.cinecon.com it is 99.9% a sure thing...Lets hope it is a good one.

|  IP: Logged

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2001 07:50 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still dont know if id trust it.
I dont know the site so i dont know how reliable they are, but i try to stay away from the rumor mill and not rely on any information until i see something official either from the star wars site or from disney.

I also would rather not see this trailer for the first time on a flat film, even if it is letterboxed.

Chase Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2001 10:46 PM      Profile for Chase Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Chase Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know from a very reliable and confident source that the "Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones" Will premiere with "Monster's Inc." but it will be enclosed with the print rather than attached.

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 10-13-2001 01:24 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The word from GL is that the trailer has not even been cut yet. He will oversee it personally as he wants it to be what he envisions it to be. He up until this last week or two has been deep into the DVD release. He hasn't even thought about it until now.

His word is that when it is ready it is ready, and not until then. The movie doesnt hit until May of next year so he isn't in any rush to make a bad trailer.

As to if it is going to be on Monsters Inc or not, it would have to be ready and done, but if monsters is in flat, forget it. It will be so I would take a wait and see attitude.

Dave

Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2001 09:51 AM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of a deal do you suppose would need to be struck for Disney/Buena Vista to cut a trailer for a 20th Century Fox film onto the head of their big 4th quarter release?

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Chase Taylor
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2001 12:43 PM      Profile for Chase Taylor   Author's Homepage   Email Chase Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Peter Pan II: Return to Neverland" is the attached trailer.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-13-2001 03:01 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trailer will be enclosed if anything. NOT attached. So that means my theatre doesn't have a prayer of getting it. So I don't give a rat's patoot what they do.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 10-14-2001 01:57 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Star' and 'Wars'...two words that just send me to sleep now.

Carl King
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2001 07:41 AM      Profile for Carl King   Email Carl King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you, John

Star Wars=big yawn

I hate all of the star wars movies..They are just horse operas in disguise.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 10-18-2001 12:01 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok an update on possable Star Wars episode II trailers....Cinema Confidential WWW.cinecon.com is now reporting that there will be a trailer with Harry Potter also....They say it will be attached but I would say it will be in the can......Harry potter is scope so if this is true there is your chance to see it in it's fullness......

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2001 04:44 PM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, according to dvd.starwars.com(those who own the DVD of Ep.I can enter the site), there will be something big on 11/09/01 on that site. There has been quite a bit speculation and assumption that it will be the Ep. II trailer. We will see...

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2001 06:05 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Darryl S: Don't rely on those fanzine sites. Disney corporate will NEVER allow a 20th Century Fox trailer to be attached to any Disney, Touchstone, or Miramax print. AOL Time Warner corporate will NEVER allow a 20th Century Fox trailer to be attached to any Warner Bros., New Line, or Fine Line print.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 10-18-2001 06:50 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ummmmm.... I wasn't aware that horses had operas. And if they did, how would that relate to Star Wars?

Zach Zagar
Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2001 02:03 AM      Profile for Zach Zagar   Author's Homepage   Email Zach Zagar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shallow Hal comes out the 9th of November.

Its 20th Century Fox.

As stated above "check the DVD site for a big surprise on 11/9".

Hmmm...

Otherwise, they'll just ship them out in certain allocations, like last time.

Zach

------------------
If ya smell, what the Zach is cooking.

Zach Zagar, the most electrifying man in theater entertainment today.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2001 07:17 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about we not speculate which print the trailer will be on until we hear something OFFICIAL from the STAR WARS website.

Not trying to tell people what to and what not to post; just a suggestion.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: