Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Programme Information Answering Systems (UK)

Author Topic: Programme Information Answering Systems (UK)
Bernard Tonks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2001 08:34 AM      Profile for Bernard Tonks   Email Bernard Tonks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone in the UK know of a good telephone answering machine with a choice of two outgoing messages, with a duration of two minutes, suitable for a single screen. The ideal digital BT 2000 machine is no longer available, and others I have looked at are limited to 30 seconds outgoing and sound very Donald Duckish in quality, which includes the BT R85.

Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-02-2001 07:20 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Cable and Wireless CWT300 will certainly do what you ask.

I bought one in early 1999 after seeing an ad in the Telegraph - it is designed for two people sharing a flat, and so will let you record two separate outgoing messages (and switch between them easily) and have two 'mailboxes' for incoming ones, which the caller can select by dialing a number as the outgoing message plays.

According to the instruction book there is no time limit on the outgoing messages - the only limitation is that the total recording time on the memory chip is 14 minutes, so obviously the longer your outgoing messages the less time there is to record incoming ones.

I guess this might not be available any more (mine is 2 1/2 years old), but the 'phone number for C and W in the instruction book is 01277 201246. I guess they would be able to tell you if it is still available (cost was £40 when I got mine).

Bernard Tonks
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2001 06:59 AM      Profile for Bernard Tonks   Email Bernard Tonks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Many thanks for the information Leo.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: