Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Airborne "Scam" Express

Author Topic: Airborne "Scam" Express
Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 09-22-2001 11:39 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anybody had this happen to you? You stay up very late breaking all Technicolor prints down so that they will be ready to pick up on Friday without having to pay an "Attempted Pickup Fee" but, no one shows. A couple days pass and still nobody comes to pick up your prints. You then call Technicolor to tell them to pick up their prints and at that time they inform you that Airborne has somehow found my signature for an attempted pickup. You reschedule the pickup date and still no one shows up. Scary thing is that has happened to me a couple times before. Somehow there would be Attempted pickup charges and magically my signature will be there stating that print was not ready for pickup. Bullcrap! I have prints here now that haven't been picked up for 2 weeks and I am constantly having to call Technicolor to make sure that I don't get charged for the Attempted pickups that never occured.

------------------
--"That's my story and i'm sticking to it!"--

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2001 12:35 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Except for the signature part, sounds like some of the crap I have dealt with in the past. Not so much now. To quote a 'Clintonism'..."I feel your pain".

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2001 11:34 AM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"magically my signature will be there stating that print was not ready for pickup. Bullcrap! "

This is called forgery. Forging a signature on a document that is a contract or has financial implications is a felony. The next time you are confronted with the situation demand a fax of the document, then notify TES that unless they find and terminate the person responsible you will be contacting the state attorney for guidance. Your name is your bond. Don't ever let anyone misuse it.

If there is a TES lurker here, this might be time for a heads up and memo, along with an internal investigation. It sure sounds like the employee doing this is lazy and trying to cover up, and a detriment to the company.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2001 02:35 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ethan,

Just don't pay the attempted pickup charges... Fax them to technicolor with a note saying the print was ready and discard them.. Thats all I do and they all seem to go away...

Anyone notice how Airborne can't seem to figure out that the gray cans with orange labels are theirs too?

Wes Hughes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-23-2001 07:49 PM      Profile for Wes Hughes   Email Wes Hughes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Airborne is contracted by Technicolor...they only work for TES, so TES cannot do much about the thousands of lazy and/or incompetent drivers in the US EXCEPT get rid of Airborne and find someone else to ship their prints...that isn't going to happen.

I don't know how I feel about ignoring the charges and not following up...that could be disatrous.

I had a TERRIBLE problem with my local Airborne division about a year ago. Attempted pickups, pickups and deliveries attempted outside of my Airborne window, one missing print (on return). TES can only call airborne and tell them to do better. I got tired of calling TES every week and complaining, so I got them (had to FORCE them) to give me the contact info for the regional manager for Airborne in my area. I contacted him, and one month later have had very little problems...when I do I just call him and he solves it at the source.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: