Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Terrorists attack = No print deliveries (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Terrorists attack = No print deliveries
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2001 05:57 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just learned that one of the prints we are supposed to receive for a screening tomorrow and opening Friday is coming from Technocolor via Airborn and may not make it here on time. The other print is from Cowboy Booking in NYC and may also not make it here on time.

Technicolor just called and will not be able to air-ship us the print for tomorrow's screening. But they will be able to circuit us a print for Friday's opening. We have ad no word on the other print because we haven't been able to get though to New York.

We aren't going to worry about it too much, I'm sure people will understand.

|  IP: Logged

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2001 06:39 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of this related to the attack, did everyone get the email from sony to pull all Spiderman promo materials?

Keith Peticolas
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2001 07:26 PM      Profile for Keith Peticolas   Email Keith Peticolas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did not hear from Sony concerning Spiderman, but was wondering about Collateral Damage? Are folks pulling the trailers and posters?

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2001 08:03 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I havent heard anything on Colleteral Damage.. Sony wanted the SPiderman stuff pulled bcause it all fetured the twin towers.. Apparently, BV pushed back Big Trouble as well..

Glenda Cockrum
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2001 08:28 PM      Profile for Glenda Cockrum   Email Glenda Cockrum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Will Tech do "local" area "trade offs" to get prints to where they need to be by Friday, have they before? Talked to Tech rep earlier today, she just did not know what to tell me. I offered to drive to pick up a print if one became available within a reasonable driving area(need Jurassic3), she said it sounded like a possible solution if anything is in Greater Pitts area. I hate to cancell this weekend, I really think the kids need a break from the TV news and a bit of "normal" life.

Joel Michalec
Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2001 10:35 PM      Profile for Joel Michalec   Author's Homepage   Email Joel Michalec   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard on CNN that Collateral Damage WILL be pushed back due to the content of a high rise terrorist bombing in the movie.

Sherry Legare
Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2001 04:01 PM      Profile for Sherry Legare   Email Sherry Legare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just received notification to "remove and store" all materials pertaining to Spiderman, Collateral Damage, and Big Trouble.

Andy Muirhead
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2001 07:44 PM      Profile for Andy Muirhead   Email Andy Muirhead   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On arriving at work this evening, i received at letter from our Advertisement supplier, Carlton Screen Advertising, asking us to edit and remove certain ads from the ads pack that will be arriving tomorrow for print build-up. Ads i have been requested to remove includes:

Virgin Atlantic
Mini - martian invasion
Dr Pepper

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 09-13-2001 08:37 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone still playing Pearl Harbor? I will be surprised if Buena Vista hasn't taken it off of screens.

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-13-2001 11:31 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pearl Harbor still OK (we haven't received a notice to pull it).
Big Trouble trailers pulled & the release pushed back, probably because of the bomb in the suitcase in the movie. Collateral Damage trailers pulled & release postponed because it's about terrorism. And Spiderman trailers were pulled because they have the world trade center in them! Our office told us to take down everything from these three because they have release dates that are now incorrect.

While the govenment's watching the sky, I'm sure somebody will try to make a buck off the spiderman trailers on ebay...

------------------
http://www.mullerfamilytheatres.com

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2001 02:49 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carmike has ordered that all promo materials for Collateral Damage, Big Trouble, and Spiderman be pulled and stored.

Screenvision has ordered the removal and disposal of the XM Radio ads which feature people falling from the sky through roofs.

A considerable stink is being raised about the Last Castle. Apparantly NY buses have the ad on their sides still. You know, the one featureing the upside down American flag .

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2001 03:01 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I called at one of my theatres on Wednesday to look at a problem, I asked 'how long before the show', the guy says 'take as long as you like, show is cancelled'. They were due to screen 'Pearl Harbour' but had cancelled it themselves. No instruction from BVI over here, which does surprise me.

My thoughts and condolences to the people of the USA.

Pete

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2001 03:08 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Loews Cineplex Entertainment has ordered all of its logo trailers to be removed due to it showing a 3d fly by of the twin towers.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2001 11:00 AM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some updates per the Upcoming Movies website:

Big Trouble is likely delayed to spring 2002.

Collateral Damage is off indefinitely and had its website taken down.

Training Day moves from 9/21 to 10/5.

Sidewalks of New York -- a Manhattan-based romance picture -- moves from 9/21 to November.

The Last Castle had its one-sheets pulled but is still scheduled to open 10/12.

There's speculation that Zoolander (sched. 9/28) and Serendipity (sched. 10/5) may also be delayed.

Ian: The County Theater in Doylestown PA had to hold over last week's lineup as it couldn't get prints out of NYC. The Film Forum in NYC had to juggle its repertory bookings for the same reason.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-14-2001 01:17 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to be playing Peral Harbor right now... Even though the first hour is dull, it is a very Patriotic movie...

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: