Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Crazy Customer Comments... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18 

Author Topic: Crazy Customer Comments...
John Wilson
Film God

- posted 09-07-2001 08:33 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We had a guy come out of Jurassic Park 3 the other day complaining that it wasn't big enough on screen (It's flat, not scope for those who don't know)...

He accused us of 'running the movie that was meant for the small cinemas in the big one'.

|  IP: Logged

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2001 08:50 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just posted another message about our beloved audience under "Whats the crazietst (see can't even spell any longer!) thing a manger said to you".

Maybe Brad can move to this post instead.

Cheers Thomas

Jason Burroughs
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2001 10:31 AM      Profile for Jason Burroughs   Email Jason Burroughs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in the days of Mono trailers, customers would come out and "inform" us that the "THX is not on" These complaints even came out of houses that didn't even have THX

Dennis Atkinson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2001 11:18 AM      Profile for Dennis Atkinson   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Atkinson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The screen / picture is too big. I could spot the sfx and computer generated people just before the boat sank.
It wasn't like that at the mall.

Dennis

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2001 02:39 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I bought a combo which entitles me too free refills, so I want someone to go in the theatre and bring my my refills!!!!!!!!!!!"

------------------
--Sean McKinnon
Manager
Loews Cineplex Entertainment
Liberty Tree Mall 20
Danvers, Mass
www.enjoytheshow.com

Dwayne Caldwell
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2001 03:16 PM      Profile for Dwayne Caldwell   Email Dwayne Caldwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I was learning to use the Cable Access equipment in Mesquite, the head facilitator (a self proclaimed title) saw The First Wives Club at the theatre he knew I was working as a projectionist for. When I told him I was indeed the man responsible for the presentation the night he saw it, he told me the editing was all wrong and that I should have done a better job putting the movie together. That guy's been working around video far too long.

------------------
The man with the magic hands.

Brian Hogan
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2001 10:27 PM      Profile for Brian Hogan   Email Brian Hogan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i just love it when they demand that we rewind the movie... it never gets old

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-09-2001 01:33 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow let's see.

-There was an incident when a patron told me my convergeance was off when I was showing a print of "Gone with da Wind". He was right, as it was a horrible dye transfer job and the reds leaked over the edges like a bad TV set. Problem was this guy thought I could fix it just like a TV set. He figured the problem was the projector itself.

-There have been customers who have bitched that a film was not in digital when in fact it was. I guess the surrounds must be pumping out sound 100% of the time, otherwise it's not in digital.

I'm sure there's more, I just can't remember right now. Amazingly, no one EVER complained about the first two reels of that awful movie The Horse Whisperer being vertically letterboxed.

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2001 01:55 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I once heard of a complaint that DESPERADO was too violent.

Also some old guy came out of LORD OF ILLUSIONS which had a red band SHOWGIRLS trailer on it: "I didnt bring my wife here to see no titties up on no screen!" he said.

Alan Plester
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2001 08:21 AM      Profile for Alan Plester   Email Alan Plester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re, the Horse Whisperer.
Yes, I stood it for a while when curiosity got the better of me, & I just had to go and ask someone WHY? was this being shown in wide, when the masking was at scope, it did my head in. Crazy way of starting a film.

William T. Parr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2001 09:26 AM      Profile for William T. Parr   Email William T. Parr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Craziest, more like Stupidest thing I ever heard a customer say was at a friends theatre in Rockport, Texas. It was shortly after the Cinema 4 opened and Titanic was playing. An elderly gentleman came out after the movie was over and was waiting on his wife who had stopped to refresh herself. The Manager asked the guy if he enjoyed the show and this guy proceeded to say "It just ticks me to no end to think how many times the Director made those poor people jump into that Freezing Water, and bounced them off the back end off that boat to get that scene right."

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 09-09-2001 11:04 AM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just yesterday, someone complained that "Rock Star" was being played too loudly. I was running it at '5.' (I mean, really, if you go to see a film called "Rock Star," do you really expect that the mix is going to be subtle?)

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 09-09-2001 09:47 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>It just ticks me to no end to think how many times the Director made those poor people jump into that Freezing Water, and bounced them off the back end off that boat to get that scene right<<

That's a pretty good one.

Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 09-09-2001 10:25 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True radio conversation while working in the booth.

Usher:"Projectionist I am getting a customer complaint that the tracking is off in #*"
Projectionist:"OK..OK..hold on. Let me find the remote for it."

Floor Manager:"Can you check on the sound in #11."
Projectionist:"what is it doing"
Floor Manager:"It is making this wierd hum , like you know the sound it makes when the speakers are drying up and going out of tune."

Manager:"Projectionist,...you might want to check your exciter bulb,.. it is not reading the lights up cue"

Little did he know we had Reverse scan LED's. Besides since when does the reader for analog sound have anything to do with light cue's?

------------------
--"That's my story and i'm sticking to it!"--

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 09-09-2001 10:37 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember back at Greenwood when we had exciter bulbs, cues would be missed all the time! We'd put in a new bulb abnd the cues would start taking again, but only for a month or two. Then we switched to RED L.E.D.'s and the cues stopped missing. It also helped the slide projectors last longer without breaking down, not to mention helped keep the booth nice and cool.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  16  17  18 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: