Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Show East 2001

Author Topic: Show East 2001
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2001 04:23 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to Show East 2001 in Orlando Florida October 30 through November 3. I don't really have a good reason for going except that my business partner has been absent most of the summer and he owes me. Besides I want to ride Kraken at Sea World.

I signed up to stay at a Day's Inn somewhere between Sea World and the Marriott that Show East is being held in. I didn't feel I could afford $195 per night for the Marriott. Day's Inn is going for $79 per night. Does anybody have a favorite motel in Orland they could recommend to me? Do you guys take public transportation like we do in Vegas or do you rent a car?

I bought the big ticket as I wish to see the screenings at Show East. I look forward to seeing a few of you there.

|  IP: Logged

Lance C. McFetridge
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-10-2001 08:21 PM      Profile for Lance C. McFetridge   Email Lance C. McFetridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too will be back in Orlando. I must have missed the Film Tech Drink last year. I stayed off in the over flow hotel. But what a pain in the ass. This year, I bit the bullet and am staying at the Mariott. I also just hired a new GM at the theatre and am having her fly in on Wed. I look forward to all the screenings and especially the trade show. Just pack an extra suit case for all the stuff.
I too look forward to meeting the people that post here.
lance

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 09-10-2001 08:50 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We will be exhibiting at the trade show. There are inexpensive hotels on Orange Blossom road between the Florida Turnpike and Interstate 4 in the $50 - 70 range ( trucker's alley ). A rental car is a must!!! since the Marriot is in the boonies and miles from civilization....I still don't know how my brother and his family live this central Florida mecca......
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre & Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2001 08:36 AM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Word I have is there is a good chance Show East could be put on hold, seems that Orlando is canceling a lot of conventions. Anyone know anything ro talk to the Sunshine Bro's

Richard Fowler
Film God

- posted 09-20-2001 01:31 PM      Profile for Richard Fowler   Email Richard Fowler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As of today, the show is on. Someone from the Sunshine group will be checking this site and may post more information. I have talked to some customers....including one that is traveling to Chicago for the Special Venue show at the moment, and they have not changed their plans to attend.
Richard Fowler
TVP-Theatre & Video Products Inc. www.tvpmiami.com

Greg Borr
Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2001 02:11 PM      Profile for Greg Borr   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Borr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ShowEast is on as scheduled per Andrew Sunshine.

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-20-2001 02:56 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys.......

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: