Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Translux Cinema Consulting... anyone know anything about them?

Author Topic: Translux Cinema Consulting... anyone know anything about them?
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-22-2001 08:02 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We are in the market for a new film buyer. We recieved a packet from Translux Cinema Consulting in California. Anyone know anything about them? Any info is helpful.

Also any info on really good buyers would be great.

Ian, who is your buyer, I know I had the info before, but I have been away for a while.

Dave

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 08-22-2001 10:50 AM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,

The Trans-Lux Corporate Office is in Norwalk, Ct., and they are a publicly traded company on the American Stock Exchange. (call letters TLX) As a matter of fact they are the oldest company listed on the exchange.

At the present time they operate motion picture theatres in New Mexico, Colorado and Arizona. They have been in the theatre business since the early 1930's.

Richard Brandt is the Chairman of the Board of the parent corporation, his son Matthew is the Chairman of the consulting division. Richard has been with Trans-Lux for fifty years. He is also the Chairman of the Board for the American Film Institute.

Matt Brandt was trained under Joe Ingber in New York City. He was notably the best booker between the 1930's through the early 1980's. He was one of a kind.

I worked for them from 1960 to 1986 and started out a an assistant manager and worked my way up to vice president of the entertainment division. The theatre division was sold in 1986 to Paramount's Cine-America Division.

Trans-Lux is also in the electronic sign business and one of the leaders in the field of LED Signage.

I would think that with their background and knowledge of the film industry they could do a great job for you.

Hope this helps. Http://www.trans-lux.com

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2001 03:49 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our film buyer is ESP Exhibitor Support Partnership out of LA. I'll send you their information via email.

Keith Peticolas
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2001 07:31 PM      Profile for Keith Peticolas   Email Keith Peticolas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Up here in Eagle River, Alaska we also use Trans-Lux, and have no complaints. Seem to be nice, professional folks. VP Bryan Mercer came up on our opening day and helped out with some real good advice. He even refiled some of my aparatures for me, did a great job too. Good people.

------------------

Timothy Ervin
Film Handler

- posted 09-10-2001 02:57 AM      Profile for Timothy Ervin   Email Timothy Ervin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trans-Lux is a great company with great people. The Brandts are very nice.

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-10-2001 10:04 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith, would that be the same Brian Mercer that worked for Cobb a few years back?

Timothy Ervin
Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2001 12:47 AM      Profile for Timothy Ervin   Email Timothy Ervin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Freddie:

I worked for Trans Lux and with Brian Mercer and yes I do believe he worked for Cobb. He is from Alabama and seems like he mentioned at one time being with Cobb Theatres.

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2001 04:10 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith,

If you see him again tell him
I said hello, I worked with him at Cobb..

Bob Maar

- posted 09-12-2001 08:07 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Freddie, You can contact Brian mercer at:
http://www.trans-lux.com and click in the theatre division link.

I am happy to see you posting.

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2001 04:55 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bob, I'm just glad to see you anywhere after the Tuesday WTC nightmare..

Bob Maar

- posted 09-16-2001 06:15 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Freddie,

I think you know me well enough, to know they can never get a former United States Marine.

Regards,

Bob

Freddie Dobbs
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2001 10:41 PM      Profile for Freddie Dobbs   Email Freddie Dobbs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bob,

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: