Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Jay & Silent Bob Comic Book

Author Topic: Jay & Silent Bob Comic Book
Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2001 02:41 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last week, we received the Bluntman & Chronic Comic Book as a promo for the upcoming, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. However, upon seeing the endless swearing & drug references, our GM kept the books locked up in his office, fearing that they might accidentily be given to customers. I managed to get my hands on one of them before he took them away, and I'm wondering how Dimension Films could expect any theater to give these out to customers when most places have films of all ratings running! I've got nothing against giving them to collectors, or people who won't be offended, but where did they think that they'd be able to widely distribute these?

|  IP: Logged

Phil Connolly
Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2001 04:41 PM      Profile for Phil Connolly   Author's Homepage   Email Phil Connolly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could give them out with 'Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back' Tickets. Advertise the free comic as an extra reason to see the movie. There will be as many naughty words in the film as the comic.

I don't think Dimesion Films intended that you give them Kids going into Pokomon 47, Hmmm but its not a bad idea.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: