Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » More $10+ ticket prices

Author Topic: More $10+ ticket prices
Paul Konen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-26-2001 01:49 PM      Profile for Paul Konen   Email Paul Konen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is an article about more high priced ticket prices and comments about the AMC Monthly Card.

[URL=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010726/en/film-tickets_1.html]Click Here[\url]

|  IP: Logged

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2001 07:58 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Manhattan it's mostly true: Loews $10, Angelika $10, City Cinemas $10, UA $9.75, Clearview $9.75, Lincoln Plaza $9.50, AMC $9.50, Film Forum $9, Quad Cinema $9.

Christopher M. Belch
Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2001 08:13 PM      Profile for Christopher M. Belch   Author's Homepage   Email Christopher M. Belch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, those are expensive!!! And to think that last weekend i was complaining cuz star raised the price from $7.25 to $8.50. Most chains here in the detroit area are between $7.25 and $8.50. Of course, there is our great imax theater which is $10 a ticket, $8 of you are a child, for a one hour film. Dont get me wrong, i love imax, but it is a bit overpriced!!! If the films were full length they would be a good deal, but $10 is a bit much for an hour.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 08-17-2001 09:04 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Loews just opened a gigaplex in downtown Boston; this is the first $10 theatre in town. I haven't yet found an excuse to go there and see if it's worth that much, however.

When the GCC Fenway theatre opened last summer, it was the first $9 theatre in town. I have been there and can say that $9 is way too much to spend to see a show there.

Joshua Voorhies
Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2001 05:51 AM      Profile for Joshua Voorhies   Author's Homepage   Email Joshua Voorhies   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Distributors and exhibitors need to watch it. If prices keep sky-rocketing, all the customers are going to start making it a "Blockbuster night."

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-20-2001 12:56 AM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but Scott, from what I hear the Common theater (downtown Boston) really isn't worth the money of a ticket. Some of my mothers employees swear against ever going back there, they'd rather go to the General Cinemas theater for less $$$$$

Tao Yue
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-20-2001 08:34 AM      Profile for Tao Yue   Author's Homepage   Email Tao Yue   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With so many college students in the area, though, the new Loews at the Common will have no trouble filling its seats. Regardless of price or projection quality. It's interesting that in the last two years, two megaplexes have doubled the number of screens in Boston proper. I wonder how many the market can really absorb. Again, there are an awful lot of college students in the Boston area.

Rachel, what's the primary complaint among those who've been to the new Boston Common megaplex? For a brand-new mega/giga/teraplex to turn people off almost immediately, there must be something going seriously wrong.

------------------
Tao Yue
MIT '04: Course VI-2, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
Projectionist, MIT Lecture Series Committee

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-20-2001 04:51 PM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They went to a flick (I can't remember which one), what they said was...the picture was fuzzy, and there was a little bit of the bottom of the picture on the top of the screen. I guess they went and complained but no one fixed it so they went out and got their money back but the lady at the ticket office gave them a hard time until the manager came over. Plus the ticket prices are far too much.

But I haven't been there myself yet.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-20-2001 09:35 PM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats pretty Harsh Rachel,

I visited the Boston Common Theatre today. The projectionist ( A VERY nice union guy who's been projecting for over 30 years and started with carbon arc changeovers) showed me around the booth. I will not state my opinion on the building here but, this guy seemed to care about film done right. And from what I could see the picture and sound quality seemes very good in each of 16 auditoriums that I saw.

------------------
--Sean McKinnon
Manager
Loews Cineplex Entertainment
Liberty Tree Mall 20
Danvers, Mass
www.enjoytheshow.com

Rachel Carter
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-20-2001 10:13 PM      Profile for Rachel Carter   Email Rachel Carter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I guess I should go check it out myself before I state opinions ;-)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: