Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Tomb Raider Spotlight

Author Topic: Tomb Raider Spotlight
Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-15-2001 11:26 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We sent this thing back a week ago, but did anybody else use this "$1,000" spotlight featuring the Tomb Raider Logo in their lobbies?
We have a large, vaulted lobby, so we had the room, but what about other places? Where are you seriously going to put this thing in a 10 foot high looby of a mall theater?
Who else used this and how did you use it?

p.s.- it's technically not a spotlight either, just a scene light with a fixed Tomb Raider gobo inside... (there's my stage production know-how!)

------------------
I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money!"

|  IP: Logged

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 07-16-2001 01:16 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The one they sent us is still sitting in the company office since it shipped to us with a broken bulb. By the time we got the replacement bulb, 'Raider' had already opened and flopped.

According to our promotions guy, the gobo is removeable and can be replaced with a new gobo for the Paramount film du jour in the future, if you decide to shell out the $1K to keep the thing.

-Aaron

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2001 03:30 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting...
The memo said that it had to be returned by 7/15, or the fee would be billed to your account, did you send it back?

Will Cook
Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2001 05:05 PM      Profile for Will Cook   Email Will Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We also used the Tomb Raider spotlight, and we had problems getting it close enough to the wall so that the projected image would fit. The thing was huge! Our lobby is not small by any means so I do not see how it would have been possible to use this "spotlight" in any smaller theater.

Taplie Coile
Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2001 09:13 PM      Profile for Taplie Coile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We used one. It worked out pretty well for us- the ceiling in our lobby was high enough so that we could fasten it to the ceiling and project (pun intended) the logo on the floor. It looked pretty cool. I guess we sent it back- I haven't seen it around.

Taplie

Mike Judge
Film Handler

- posted 07-17-2001 08:11 PM      Profile for Mike Judge   Email Mike Judge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I asked about this awhile ago but received no responses. Ours too was
shipped with a broken bulb. Then, when an usher decided to set it up wayyy up top, he blew the bulb out by not tightening it to the stand, and it dropped about 180 degrees. I set it up so it shone down about 15 feet onto the floor of our lobby as people walked in, they enjoyed it, but for godsakes the dumb people could not realized where the light was coming from!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: