Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Reports & Daily Worksheets

Author Topic: Reports & Daily Worksheets
Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2001 05:24 PM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm curious. I know all theatres have to fill out the daily paperwork at the end of the night, but is there a "standardized" set of forms. I'm sure the chains all have their own forms, but what about the independants?

At one time someone posted a "Film Inspection Report" that was downloadable in *.pdf format here on Film-Tech. Is there a way to get ahold of other types of forms / worksheets that theatre owners / managers use in their daily reports?

------------------
Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Nashville, Tennessee
(Drive-In Theatre - Start-Up)

|  IP: Logged

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2001 09:45 PM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regal uses a ton of forms, but alas, I cannot post those. We have to keep those secret. Anyhoo, for anything that I need at the ground level and in the booth that isn't supplied by corporate, I just create the form I want by using MS Word. BTW, some of the forms used by Regal, I created or reformatted with Word. Besides Word, there are many programs out there that are dedicated to just to making forms. All you have to is to walk into any CompUSA in the Productivity section.

Good luck

------------------
Chris Duvall
General Manager
Regal Cinemas Colonnade14
Las Vegas, NV

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2001 10:06 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry, I probably could be known as the form king. I've collected forms from most theatres I've entered and made a complete formset for Wometco and T.A.L.P. back in the early 1990s. Forms I used as background for that project were from most of the major circuits and a few independents. The final forms were multipart NCR paper, color coded, and designed using Pagemaker. I've got forms for trailer reports, payroll, pass reports, deposit logs, cleaning supplies, light bulbs, employment applications, pre-employment questionaires, concession supply inventories, you name it.

Sometime soon I'll take the time to put some up on my website for download. For now I'll comment that good forms can help turn a mediocre manager into a decent manager, but great managers usually make their own. Aside from the computerized audit trails, the only forms that really help on a regular basis are the concession inventory and deposit logs. Payroll worksheets can help if you have a problem judging staffing.

Many forms are designed to keep corporate informed of day to day activity at a theatre, and simply aren't needed by an independent. A drop in drink syrup yield at one theatre could spell trouble in a circuit, but if the owner is on-site, fluctuations become quickly apparent and can be dealt with immediately.

Forms are mostly a tool for increased awareness - usually at the expense of management/customer interaction. I used to be totally ticked-off by the General Cinema overkill of forms, where managers and even employees were actively prevented from doing a proper job because of the constant demand to fill out idiotic forms, often with repetative information. My revamping forms for Wometco was in part because that company had been managed by an ex-General Cinema supervisor and layers of forms had become required, even though many of them were outdated and were never read at the home office.

A cleaning supply form might seem to be overkill at first glance, but some theatres still don't understand the idea of ordering these supplies once a month and monitoring usage. By forcing compliance, I was able to get a better deal from a local supplier by guaranteeing only a single truck run to all theatres on one set day each month, and was able to cut usage by exposing theft of supplies by employees and cleaning crews.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: