Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Trailer for Nicole Kidman's "The Others"

Author Topic: Trailer for Nicole Kidman's "The Others"
James Keel
Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2001 06:16 AM      Profile for James Keel   Email James Keel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read on one of the many movie rumor sites that the distributor of this movie asked that any and all copies of this trailer on 'Moulin Rouge' be removed and destroyed. Anyone get that memo?

I saw the trailer on Moulin June 6th. Looks pretty interesting...I wonder what the hubbub is?

JK

|  IP: Logged

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2001 05:57 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had instructions to put this on "Moulin Rouge" and later got a note to remove it, but I never got a copy of the trailer so it was never on to begin with. I'm wondering if they decided it was inappropriate to show with a PG-13 movie or if they're not satisfied with the trailer and want it pulled altogether.
A few years ago Touchstone sent out trailer for "The Inkwell" then later sent a note out saying not to show them. After seeing the movie, I looked at the trailer and it looked like it was selling the movie out of context and the people who made the movie weren't too happy about it. The trailer made the movie look a lot more like a comedy than it really was.
"The Mummy Returns" trailer shipped with "The Grinch", but Universal sent a note out asking theaters not to show it with that movie because it might be too scary for the kids

Bernie Anderson Jr
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2001 07:53 AM      Profile for Bernie Anderson Jr   Author's Homepage   Email Bernie Anderson Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I came in last Thursday and found the same note from the management to remove and destroy and I figured this couldn't have come from GCC's home offices. They never use the word destroy. I found it odd too.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: