Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Manual pirate

Author Topic: Manual pirate
Daryl Lund
Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2001 06:35 PM      Profile for Daryl Lund   Email Daryl Lund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I left my valt open the other day and someone made copies of my AW1 manual. The further I looked They had also copied my original Simplex Super and a few others. I have been told that that person has been giving out copies of my privite collection on the enternet!!! I am putting up a 100.00 reward for the capture of this person.

|  IP: Logged

Ethan Harper
E-dawggg!!!

- posted 04-23-2001 08:12 PM      Profile for Ethan Harper   Email Ethan Harper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're kidding, right? About as funny as that new "Freddy Got Fingered" movie.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 04-23-2001 08:39 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You keep the AW1 manual in a vault???

I have a bunch of Super Simplex manuals (operation and parts), some original and some xeroxed. Total market value is probably somewhere between $0-10, but you can offer me $100 for them if you want...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-24-2001 01:15 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Daryl,

You will not be able to retire with the sale of those manuals. NO ONE is going to pay even $100 for them. The professional thing to do is offer them for free to the rest of the world, so people who ARE still running those machines can utilize those manuals to keep them running.

Kudos to whoever "stole" photocopies of those manuals. Mail them to me and I will see to it they are made publicly available for download here. Anonymity assured.

Barry Floyd
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2001 08:44 AM      Profile for Barry Floyd   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Floyd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, I didn't steal photocopies of Daryl's AW-1 manual, but I do have a photocopy of mine sitting up-front in the "Outgoing Mail" box on the receptionist's desk.

I contacted a cinema dealer in Louisville, KY who was "VERY RELUCTANT" to even order the manual for me. After I listened to him "rant" about what a piece of trash my AW-1 was, and how I was gonna "loose my butt" by opening a drive-in, he did finally order the manual for a price $30.00.

Yes I know that when the AW-1 was made I was probably in 2nd grade, and Gordon suggested I make 3 patio tables with it, the darn thing still works!
Have no fear... the AW-1 manual is on it's way.

------------------
Barry Floyd
Floyd Entertainment Group
Nashville, Tennessee
(Drive-In Theatre - Start-Up)

Mark Huff
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2001 07:07 PM      Profile for Mark Huff   Email Mark Huff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry,

Did you happen to talk to Louis Bornwassner from Hadden theatre supply?

Daryl Lund
Film Handler

- posted 04-24-2001 08:02 PM      Profile for Daryl Lund   Email Daryl Lund   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad I was trying to give a good friend a bad time for the manuals that I have copied from Him so He could give them to you. I asked if He was going to tell you where He got some of the manuals and He said HaHa no I am the ____ __ manuals.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-27-2001 05:22 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
No problem, but you might want to check out the smiley codes in the FAQ to help express your emotion when you post.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: