Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Pictues of the Keith Albee Theatre

Author Topic: Pictues of the Keith Albee Theatre
Greg Pauley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2001 05:01 PM      Profile for Greg Pauley   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Pauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The company I work for built the Keith Albee Theatre in Huntington, West Virginia, in 1928 at the cost of 1.5 million dollars. It was only one of three atmospheric dome designs by the famous theatre architect of the early 1900's, Thomas Lamb. The theatre was named after the main vaudeville circuit in the east, Keith-Albee Circuit (named after Benjamin Keith and Edward Albee). I have been told that naming the theatre after the vaudeville circuit insured us of being a vaudeville stop (nothing ever changes!). Earlier this year one of the store fronts caught fire and caused extensive smoke damage to the theatre. I posted a non published site to display pictures of the cleanup process and will be posting new pictures until the job is finished in May 2001. I thought some of the forum members would like to see pictures of the cleanup process along with some early pictures of the theatre.
www.ourshowtimes.com/temp2.html

|  IP: Logged

Colin Wiseley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2001 06:55 PM      Profile for Colin Wiseley   Email Colin Wiseley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a great old theater. Is that a ghost in the middle of the Promenade picture, or just a double exposure?

------------------
Colin Wiseley
Lyric Theatre
Blacksburg, VA
www.thelyric.com

Greg Pauley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2001 11:08 PM      Profile for Greg Pauley   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Pauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colin,
This picture was taken before opening 1928, the ghost came along years later . You know how scared people are in these big theatres and how all the ghost stories are spread around. I'll have to use the image in the photo to start a new one around town.

Greg Pauley
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-13-2001 02:48 PM      Profile for Greg Pauley   Author's Homepage   Email Greg Pauley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New Pictures added today!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: