Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Emissary/Ambassador Seating Question

Author Topic: Emissary/Ambassador Seating Question
Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-30-2001 06:35 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If anybody knows these 2 seating models, please help me out!

Ambassador - by Irwin
Emissary - by Premier Seating

They're the same model, just made by different companies.

I was wandering if you need stadium seating to use these seats?

They're 42" high backed, so would this be blocking the person sitting behind one, or can they be used on a sloping floor?

I really like the look of these seats.

Any feedback will be appreciated, but people who know these models are mostly encouraged to help me out!

------------------
Andrew McCrea

"I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way!" - Jessica Rabbit

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-30-2001 07:45 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know the answer, but why don't you look at their websites and see?

Irwin

Premier Seating

Most models of seats are able to be modified or ordered for any slope of floor or riser mount which is how they mount seats in stadium style sometimes.

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 03-30-2001 07:48 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
Irwin Seating: www.irwinseating.com
Premier Seating: www.premierseating.com

Editing: Ian, are you following me around the forums?

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2001 08:55 AM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've checked their websites many times before and there's nothing about the rquired use of stadium/airplane seating.

------------------
Andrew McCrea

"I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way!" - Jessica Rabbit

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 03-31-2001 11:43 AM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see the Premier Emissary model on their website, but the other four models are floor-mounted.

As for the Irwin Ambassador, the pictures show that the standard is floor-mounted and the Showcase Cinemas auditorium they show is a sloped floor.

I would say that with the right floor slope, you can put these in either type of auditorium, as long as your architect has done a good design job (floor slope, screen placement, etc.)

And yes, you should use a qualified architect (experienced in cinema design), even for a remodel. He will be able to determine whether the items mentioned above will work in a particular situation and how these items fit into local building and accessibility codes.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: