Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Himalaya

Author Topic: Himalaya
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2001 01:04 AM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Wednesday March 28, 2001 the Rialto Cinemas Lakeside in association with the Wine Country Film Festival was pleased to present Eric Valli's Himalaya.

Eric Valli attended in person and conducted a Q&A after the film.

We had a full house. The audience was treated to a musical performance by a Tibetan style music group.

This fellow blew a horn and played bowls. We had a local Tibetan carpet merchant place Tibetan rugs all over our lobby. There were prayer flags in our lobby and the people seemed pleased. Although it is hard work, we enjoy these special events. And had we not done this special event tonight, we would have made no money at all.

Ian Price
Rialto Cinemas Lakeside

|  IP: Logged

Bob Maar
(Maar stands for Maartini)

- posted 03-30-2001 12:51 PM      Profile for Bob Maar   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Maar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, Nice promotion. I wish these type of things would happen in my area, but they don't. Congratulations you and Ky have a nice operation going. Appreciate your sharing your good news with us.

Bob

Paul Cunningham
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2001 07:12 AM      Profile for Paul Cunningham   Email Paul Cunningham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ian

We are showing Himalaya at the moment, twice a day for two weeks. It has been very popular and has sold out our small theatrette over the weekend. Nice touch with all the tibetan stuff, we haven't done anything like that at all, too much effort for the owners.

Cheers Paul

Michael Barry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2001 12:58 PM      Profile for Michael Barry   Email Michael Barry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,

You may have got our print of 'Himalaya' which I broke down and sent to Melbourne directly a couple of weeks ago. Do the trunks say 'Cremorne' on them underneath their shipping label? Or did you receive this directly from the distributor?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: