Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Pepsi Policy Trailers (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Pepsi Policy Trailers
Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-27-2001 11:20 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know where we can get the Barbie & Ken type Pepsi theatre policy trailers? They are really funny, one scene shows Barbie lighting up a cigarette and starting her hair on fire. Our Pepsi rep said she has never heard or seen one. But, our local competition has one print. They don't remember where it came from. Really, they don't! Runs about 2-3 minutes in length, uses stop motion animation and alot of Pepsi products in the scenes! The copy I saw is in flat.

|  IP: Logged

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 12:11 AM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greng's Family Theatre's in Eau Claire, WI uses it as their policy trailer. Their website is www.ecmovies.com. If you can't get a hold of them that way I could look up their phone number for you and email it to you.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 02:05 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AAAaahhhh, The Pesie "Barbie Dolls" trailer.
"nothing in the following is real, the setting fake the furniture fake the blonde fake its a figment of someones imagination thats so bogus only the use of nonliving objects could ever make it possible."
The trailer is only 30 seconds long (if i remeber correctly) When i was the head projectionist at Hollywood Hits we ran this as our policy at first i hated it but it grew on me, I have a fond place in my heart for this one I can find out how to get one email me for more info

------------------
I love to smoke I smoke seventhousand packs a day and I'm never F*&ing quittin!-- Denis Leary

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 02:41 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does Barbie fire a water pistol and say "NO!SMOKIN'!"

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 04:14 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of Pepsi policy trailers, I sure hope Regal doesn't keep that horrible one they currently use for much longer (the one with the little girl with the man voice). Since last June when they introduced it, I have endured it 25 times now, and would applaud if it jammed and melted while being projected. I wouldn't even deduct any points for it in my presentation quality evaluation (and might even add one or two).

Most of my friends say they're tired of it. In nearly every showing I attend, some members of the audience have seen it multiple times and some say negative things about it. Even some theatre staff members I've talked to despise it. It was cute, but it is the kind of thing that gets old really quickly.

Evans A Criswell
Huntsville/Decatur, AL Movie Theatre Information Site

Christopher K. Williams
Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 10:09 PM      Profile for Christopher K. Williams   Email Christopher K. Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, everybody at our theater hates that "Pepsi Girl" trailer as well. In fact, my manager said that it was a big complaint of all the general managers at one of their last meetings. We also get several comment cards every now and then with negative comments regarding the trailer.

Apparently, we are getting a new trailer by summer.

In the meantime, I like to laugh at some of the absurdities of the trailer itself (pointed out to me by my friend and fellow projectionist, Brian Frost), beyond the obvious ones.
For example, everybody is "drinking" from and passing around empty Regal cups; one cowboy is eating popcorn with his work gloves on; and then there's our favorite, the really bad extra cowering in the corner behind the Pepsi Girl (he's dressed in black and appears during the bar scene).

Gotta love it!

Don Anderson
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-28-2001 11:38 PM      Profile for Don Anderson   Email Don Anderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks gang. looks like most of ya didn't like the policy trailer. but, hell its better than nothing!

sean, i can't e-mail ya for info...there is no e-mail address posted in your profile.

don

Steven Pickles
Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2001 11:21 AM      Profile for Steven Pickles   Email Steven Pickles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a bit of an update on the Pepsi Girl policy for Regal. It has come to my attention that the trailer has also brought Regal into a minor legal dispute. Not only is the trailer annoying as sin, it has upset the wrong people. This is because in the trailer the only person to get shot by the water pistol happens to be an African American. I've seen the trailer a million times and I would've never thought about that but hey, I guess some people have the time to worry about such things. I believe all Regal theatres will be returning to the older Roller Coaster Pepsi trailers relatively soon.. probably as soon as Regal can get new copies of the trailer.

-- Steven

John Keegan
Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2001 11:27 AM      Profile for John Keegan   Email John Keegan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, too, can't wait for the stupid Pepsi girl to "melt" off the screen. From what I hear from my managers, it's supposed to stop running in late spring and a new trailer is supposed to take its place, hopefully it's not as annoying. I like the roller coaster one that we only use on the Open-Captioned prints we show each week, so maybe we will
pick that back up for all of our shows, time will tell.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-29-2001 12:54 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Pepsi girl thing is amazingly annoying, but the roller coaster isn't much better. The animation looks like it was done on someone's Commodore 64. Surely they can come up with something better that that. This stuff makes "Courtesy is Contagious" look like God's gift to policy trailers...

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 03-29-2001 02:40 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Those Pepsi Girl trailers were distributed free of charge by the Pepsi company to theaters who carry Pepsi products. Now why anyone would want that incredibly annoying "girl with the man voice" on their screens is beyond me, but the answer folks here is simple. FREE!

(I take it I am not the only person who hated that character from the very first Pepsi commercial on tv?)

Chris Duvall
Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2001 04:35 PM      Profile for Chris Duvall   Email Chris Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those who want to know...the Pepsi Girl's contract with Pepsi ends today. Effectively today on all Regal screens, that policy trailer will be pulled and I expect that if anybody else is running it will be pulled as well from their screens. However, this does not bode well with me. Even though I was annoyed with that trailer, I think we may end up seeing Brittany Spears trailers now because of the Academy Awards. I thinks that is even worse. In the name of all things Holy, I hope we do not get something like that.

------------------
Chris Duvall
General Manager
Regal Cinemas
Colonnade 14
Las Vegas, Nevada

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 03-29-2001 04:54 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I would much rather look at Britney Spears than the Pepsi girl.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-29-2001 07:37 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also have hated the Pepsi girl since the very first frame I saw her in on TV. Is it supposed to be "cute"? I agree with Scott about Britney Spears, but only as long as I don't have to LISTEN to her as well. Good God what is up with her voice? Should be gagged. The Oscar commercials were stupid, in my opinion.

Evans A Criswell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-29-2001 10:37 PM      Profile for Evans A Criswell   Author's Homepage   Email Evans A Criswell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd already read about the discontinuance of that "Pepsi Girl With the Man Voice" Regal policy trailer thanks to Chris Duvall's post earlier in the day. I went into the Regal River Oaks Cinema 8 in Decatur for my 50th visit there to buy a ticket for "Heartbreakers" (see movie review forum) and a guy that works there (who must know who I am) walked up to me and said, "Well, I have some good news for you." I was hoping for "Regal is going to install adjustable screen masking in the Huntsville theatres" but got the "No more Pepsi Girl" news. I was told that the theatre got comment cards with negative reactions from people who were tired of it, and people were actually picketing at one theatre because of that thing. (Has anyone heard anything about that or can verify it?) Sure, I despised the thing and would loved to see it jam and melt but picketing over it?

I noticed during the day today that Regal's WWW site was offline for a good part of the afternoon and a few minutes ago, it is back without that policy trailer. It says "Stay tuned... Regal's new policy trailer coming soon". I always wondered who would want to view that thing.

I can handle anything -- Hanson, Spice Girls, Temple City Kazoo Orchestra -- anything but Pepsi Girl With Man Voice.

Thanks, Regal! You've made a wise decision in getting rid of that thing. I just wonder who made the decision to keep it so long. It's just the kind of thing that could be kept for a month or two. Another flaw in it was the printed words "Feature Presentation" at the end, although most theares invariably included an extra trailer at the end of it. That would be best left off.

Evans A Criswell

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: