Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Boca Printers!

Author Topic: Boca Printers!
Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2001 04:32 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

Anyone know of a Company which Cleans and/or Repairs BOCA Printers in the New England Area? Thanks in Advance!

Paul Goulet

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 03-25-2001 05:56 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Printers are dirt cheap today - it might be cheaper to buy a new one.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 03-25-2001 07:38 PM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul T, I think Paul G is referring to the Boca ticket printer, which unfortunately is not as dime-a-dozen as say a standard impact or inkjet machine.

-Aaron

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2001 08:48 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Paul T, I think Paul G is referring to the Boca ticket printer"...

Exactly..And we have ALOT of them also..They're not all in disrepair..just looking for a place to do some cleaning and possible maintenance on them..

Paul G. Thompson
The Weenie Man

- posted 03-25-2001 10:19 PM      Profile for Paul G. Thompson   Email Paul G. Thompson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OOPS!

Adam Martin
I'm not even gonna point out the irony.

- posted 03-25-2001 10:38 PM      Profile for Adam Martin   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Martin       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always sent them to Boca in Florida for repair. This was from theaters in the Great Plains region.

If I recall correctly, it took a while to get them back. Then again, it may have been my home office not wanting to issue a purchase order for the repair.

Jerry Chase
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2001 11:15 PM      Profile for Jerry Chase   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your Bocas need to come home to Florida for repair. The plant is just a few miles north of me.

If you had Practical Automation, you'd send 'em to Connecticut. Citizen printers end up in California. Pacers end up in Washington state. Okis are repaired everywhere.

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2001 01:11 PM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Give Cablynx inc a call. They are located in Woburn and do all sorts of pm on ghostwriters and any other computer work you may need done. 1-888-965-4747.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-26-2001 06:22 PM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Sean! Thanks A Million..I called Cablynx and they repair and do PM on all Bocas' Thanks for tip!

Paul

Tom Ferreira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2001 10:57 AM      Profile for Tom Ferreira   Email Tom Ferreira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, you wouldn't happen to be referring to those two Bocas that I took out of Pittsfield last week, would you?
We have three Boca printers in Claremont, and it seems like at least one goes down once a month. The last one I shipped back to Videotronics cost us roughly $60 for UPS Ground, but we had it back in less than two weeks. Paul, let me know what you've found out-I would gladly go local if we can.

Paul Goulet
Master Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2001 11:32 AM      Profile for Paul Goulet   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Goulet   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Tom!

I tried E-Mailing you,But for some reason it came back..Anyways.. Mike was asking if there was a place other then sending them back to California to Theatron or sending them to Florida to BOCA. Sean Grimes posted about a place in Woburn,Massachusetts (Cablelynx). I called and they sent me some info which I sent to Mike. They fix BOCA's either on location or printers dropped off at their location. it looks like a good alternative then sending the printers to Florida or California!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: