Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Famous Players Guy Dead (No one has died, but please read to learn more!)

Author Topic: Famous Players Guy Dead (No one has died, but please read to learn more!)
Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-23-2001 09:53 PM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I visited Famous Players today. I saw "Say It Isn't So"!

For the last year, they have been using personnalized credits with Glosettes, where that K.D. guy, that bakes K.D. in the washing machine, does weird things and then it says "Shake It Up! Coming soon to Famous Players".

They had personnalized credits I really liked before and now they're back! What happens in these, is it's space, and the words "Big Screen" "Big Sound" "Famous Players" come flying to the screen. Now they're back and I'm very happy.

Okay... you're all thinking I'm weird now, but I'll make it up with a normal post!

------------------
Andrew McCrea

"I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way!" - Jessica Rabbit

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2001 02:58 AM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, now, Andrew.

Were you with your parents or was Famous Players not doing their job and keeping you out of this R-rated movie?

Andrew McCrea
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2001 08:42 AM      Profile for Andrew McCrea   Author's Homepage   Email Andrew McCrea   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This movie isn't R-rated in Canada. It was PA (Parental Acoompaniement).

They didn't ask me how old I was. I also used a 'Guest Services Pass', so I guess they wouldn't question.

------------------
Andrew McCrea

"I'm Not Bad, I'm Just Drawn That Way!" - Jessica Rabbit

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2001 09:04 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm gonna get a little off-topic here, but where can I find an explanation of the Canadian ratings system? Most DVDs have both the US and Canada ratings, and I can never figure them out- most of the movies I have say 14A or 18A, which I assume is the age you need to be to see them, but I've seen the 18A rating on some PG-13 movies and 14A on R ones.

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-24-2001 11:06 AM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here in Ontario, the Ontario Film Review Board rates the films. Videos have their own classifications.

For theatrical release, the categories are:
Family, Parental Guidance (adults should use discretion whether to allow children to watch), Adult Accompaniment (14 and under), Restricted (under 18 not allowed). Read about it at www.ccr.gov.on.ca/ofrb/page6.htm

For videos: General, Parental Guidance, 14A
(under 14 can't rent, but may watch with an adult), 18A (same idea but 18), Restricted (under 18 can't rent or watch ), Exempt
(documentaries, sports, informative, etc.)
Videos at www.ccr.gov.on.ca/ofrb/page13.htm

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: