Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » sad news

Author Topic: sad news
Josh Jones
Redhat

- posted 01-26-2001 09:45 AM      Profile for Josh Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Josh Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

I made a sad phone call the other day....
It turns out the Ash Theater in Ashley ND isn't going to open this summer. The owners put it up for 39K, and have 4 other really old projectors up for sale. It's very sad, as this was one of the most beutiful single screens in a small town I've seen.
....And they kept that place spotless!

Josh

|  IP: Logged

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-26-2001 07:14 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can a 13-year old own THIS theatre??!! It ain't that far from Manitoba (and you get a bonus green card for being an investor!). Small towns are starting to hurt these days, but this is the TYPE of situation you're looking for Andrew. There's bound to be something like it (indoor or outdoor) in small-town Manitoba. As a family venture, this would be cheap enough to do, we know it's in good shape, so not a lot of upgrades, and if your family likes to work this sounds like fun. These are the kinds of situations that you hear of young folk like yourselves or high-school junior achievement groups take on. There was one mentioned a while back indoors, there's also a drive-in in BC operated this way. What a way to get experience and find out if it's the life for you!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: