Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » The state of the industry

Author Topic: The state of the industry
Frank Rapisardi
Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2001 04:44 AM      Profile for Frank Rapisardi   Email Frank Rapisardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering;that with all these theater companies having financial problems as of late;Does anyone know how National Amusements is doing ?

------------------

|  IP: Logged

James R. Hammonds, Jr
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2001 12:33 PM      Profile for James R. Hammonds, Jr   Email James R. Hammonds, Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since I'm only a projectionist, I dint pay much attention to numbers.
The last theatre I worked at seemed to be doing very well, considering some weekends in the summer and the holidays, it was nearly impossible to find parking unless you drove in as movies were letting out.

By the way, just how many theatres did file for bankruptcy in 2000?

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-17-2001 02:11 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carmike, UA, Edwards, GCC, Silver something I think.

Charles Everett
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-12-2001 06:21 PM      Profile for Charles Everett   Email Charles Everett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank: National Amusements appears to be doing well. Exact figures aren't available since it's privately owned. I did go to its new Edgewater megaplex in New Jersey to see Memento. Nice venue, stadium seating, great Dolby Digital sound -- and scratches in every reel. Not only that, green scratches in 2 of the reels. A megaplex is open less than 6 months and already it's scratching prints

Regal is the chain you should be worried about. Over Memorial Day weekend a Regal megaplex in New Jersey rented out 2 screens -- yes, 2 -- to someone showing Bollywood musicals from India.

Christopher Duvall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2001 04:44 AM      Profile for Christopher Duvall   Email Christopher Duvall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard just about every rumor about Regal from good and bad. As for a personal note, I hope we hurry up and do the chapter 11 and get it over with. That's if it is to happen. This will allow us to get rid of the crap locations. This will only make us stronger. Rant off...

------------------
Chris Duvall
General Manager
Regal Cinemas Colonnade14
Las Vegas, NV

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-13-2001 06:05 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like those Indian films- I've seen a bunch of them. As long as America's going to keep making junk, why not do whatever you can to find something better to show?

Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2001 02:19 PM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think the state of the industry is going to change for quite some time. In my area no sooner does a chain close a location then some independent reopens it. At the same time others are still building new plexs or additional screens.

There hasn't been the signifcant closure of screens necessary to return the industry to health. Nor does it appear likely to happen in the future....Especially with the egos in this business!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: