Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » ravemotionpictures Hickory Creek 16

Author Topic: ravemotionpictures Hickory Creek 16
Gregory Brannon
Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2000 03:33 PM      Profile for Gregory Brannon   Email Gregory Brannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For all you cinema fans in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area. A local businessman has opened up his first theatre north of Dallas off of I-35 in Hickory Creek,Texas. The theatre is called Ravemotionpictures 16. For this guys first theatre it's really nice. The exterior and interior theme is Modern Art Deco with blue and green accents. All auditoriums have Dolby Digital and DTS capabilities. The smallest auditorium holds 100 people with the largest holding 300 people. The stadium tiers are steep slope which gives you major head clearance from the rows in front of you. The legroom is pretty spacious. Probably 48-50". The seats are high back rockers with loveseats. I visited the new theatre and saw Cast Away in the largest auditorium. The sound was great. I can't tell which format the movie played in though. Following I saw Dracula 2000 in one of the smaller auditorium. It was played in DTS. I know this because the new DTS piano trailer was played before the feature. The sound quality for that show wasn't as good as Cast Away. Because the dialog bleed into the surround speakers causing an echo effect. Overall, I was really impressed with this new theatre and I think that if this entreprener Tom Stephenson Pres of Ravemotionpictures. Decides to build more. He could give Cinemark and AMC a run for their money locally in the D/FW area since those two have a lock on the D/FW market. If you are a fan and get all giddy with the opening of a new theatre like me. You owe it to yourself to visit the new theatre.

|  IP: Logged

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 01-01-2001 06:41 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Photos? Website? Link to Newspaper Articles about the theatre? If you know/have any of these post em!

Gregory Brannon
Film Handler

- posted 01-02-2001 09:50 PM      Profile for Gregory Brannon   Email Gregory Brannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a link to the Dallas Morning News write up. CLICK HERE

The website is www.ravemotionpictures.com. However it appears to be a main website for President Tom Stephenson's other ventures and requires a password. But you can view the theatre logo at the lower left side of the main page.

Hope this helps.

Aaron Sisemore
Flaming Ribs beat Reeses Peanut Butter Cups any day!

- posted 01-03-2001 12:35 AM      Profile for Aaron Sisemore   Email Aaron Sisemore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
>>It was played in DTS. I know this because the new DTS piano trailer was played before the feature. The sound quality for that show wasn't as good as Cast Away. Because the dialog bleed into the surround speakers causing an echo effect.<<

Then the film was obviously NOT in DTS then, as 'dialogue in the surrounds' is impossible with 6-channel discrete digital such as DTS. The show played in poorly aligned analog stereo. Not a good way to open a new theatre.

Aaron

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: