Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » ScreenVision gripe

Author Topic: ScreenVision gripe
Brian Francis
Film Handler

- posted 12-06-2000 01:30 PM      Profile for Brian Francis   Author's Homepage   Email Brian Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few weeks ago I got my third quarter check for running Screen Vision ads from Parrott Films, i.e., John Adams. It was a whopping $210.00!!! and I am not happy. There was a avalanche of various and sundry films sent to us over last summer, to our four different screens and it's a lot of time and work editing them all into the presentation. I get calls from New York whenever films are sent to be sure I recieved them but never from Parrott Films. Why this middle man is there I don't know if headquarters calls all the time. Both they and Parrott send me the trailers-you know how confusing it can be.. Over a year ago I called him once and Adams said he got paid $20.00 per ad from Screen Vision and would send me I forget what share of it but this recent payment represents way way below $5.00 an ad. My question to anyone involved with Screenvision is to compare notes to see what others theatre screens are paid, if they get paid through Parrott Films, or if they get paid from somewhere else (and better) because I really want, after some 15 years of receiving these petty payments, to get a better deal going if one is posible or drop the whole thing and get some kind of pre-show slide advertising going-except at the drive-in, of course!!.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: