Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » The Fabric of Time

Author Topic: The Fabric of Time
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2000 01:34 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today we dumped the 10:00 PM show time for our film. Nobody came because it was too late. Only 2.5% of our attendance was for that show.

But today, the powers that be, changed the very fabric of the space-time continuum. In other words, daylight savings time is over and we have moved our clocks back an hour.

So have we dumped the 10:00 PM show? Or have we dumped the 1:00 PM show and renamed all the others? Is the 9:00 PM showing now the 10:00 PM show?

I haven't asked such stupid questions since giving up pot ten years ago.

Hmmm! I wonder?

P.S. The staff all arrived at the appropriate time. I, the owner, was the only person not clued in to the time change. I arrived an hour early. I wondered where my staff was. I only realized my error when I turned on my computer and it greeted me with the time change.

P.P.S. The 200 people who attended our first show today, didn't seem to have a problem figuring out the time change either.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2000 02:49 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian,
2 questions:
1. Do you eat popcorn or other food from your theater?
and 2. Is it within the date?

------------------
"Trying is the first step towards failure!"
-Homer Simpson

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2000 04:42 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2 Answers

1. Yes, I am a walking advertisement for popcorn and theatre food. My diet is hidious. I drink 2, 32 oz. Cokes per day. I usually have a child's size popcorn with butter. I have been known to steal a Haggen Daaz ice cream bar. Nuke up a Bagel Dog and just perhaps sneak a candy bar. They don't call me large for nothing. I don't usually do all this in one day. Then I go home and have a Swansons Hungry Man Dinner and a bag of Pepperage Farms, Gold Fish.

I call this the Diet of Champions!

As you all know, the projectionist breakfast of champions is a large Coke and left over popcorn.

2. Yes, concessions don't get old in my theatre.

Don't you just love the smell of rancid popcorn and half empty Cokes in the morning? It smells like...Victory!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-30-2000 01:34 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Ian, your diet does NOT have enough Coke in it. What you need to do is get yourself your own brixing kit for the Coke machine. Once you start tweeking the mixture of the Cokes to be "just perfect", you'll drink even more of them.

Steven Gorsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2000 03:25 AM      Profile for Steven Gorsky   Author's Homepage   Email Steven Gorsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still trying to convince management to put a soda fountain right in the booth.

The only problem I have with our soda fountains are it doesn't seem like the mixture is right, it doesn't have the same taste as when I get it from a fountain anywhere else.

Steven Gorsky

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-30-2000 10:28 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Once you start tweeking the mixture of the Cokes to be "just perfect", you'll drink even more of them.

That's fer sure! I long ago lost track of my Pepsi consumption... I have what's known as the "continuously-refilled 16-oz cup of caffeine!"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: