Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Ticket Prices around the world. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Ticket Prices around the world.
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2000 06:34 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine in Vancouver told me that the ticket prices just went up. I am curious as to what are the first run ticket prices around the world. We have people here from Canada, England, Scandinavia, Belgium, India and Australia. So let's have it.

|  IP: Logged

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2000 06:37 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
San Fransisco, California, USA

Adult $9.00
Discount $5.00

My Theatre, Rialto Cinemas Lakeside, Santa Rosa, California, USA 50 miles north of San Fransisco.

Adult $7.50
Discount $4.50

Paul Mayer
Oh get out of it Melvin, before it pulls you under!

- posted 10-19-2000 09:04 PM      Profile for Paul Mayer   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Mayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think most first-runs here in SoCal are 8.50USD for adults.

Japanese friends in the business tell me that the typical first-run ticket almost anywhere in the country is Y1800 or 16.36USD at current exchange rates.

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2000 09:27 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In rural or smaller Canadian towns & cities (3,000 - 30,000):

1st run Chain (Famous Players) $9.25CAN ($6.15US),
1st or sub-run Indy $4.25CAN-$6.00 ($2.85US-$4.00)
Drive-In $7.00CAN-$8.50 ($4.75US-$5.75) for double-feature of course.

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2000 11:43 PM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Copenhagen you can see a film for USD 8 - 9 in the evening and a little cheaper in the afternoon. That is top of the line projection and presentation at the Imperial Bio and it is well worth the price.

I have a few pictures here: http://hjem.get2net.dk/in70mm/cinemas/bioweb/sjaelland/cph/imperial/imperial.htm Click the images and see a larger version.

All the best for the weekend, Thomas

Steven Gorsky
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-20-2000 01:16 AM      Profile for Steven Gorsky   Author's Homepage   Email Steven Gorsky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First run located in Annapolis, Maryland

Matinee - adult/child/senior $5.00
Last matinee before 6pm - adult/child/senior $3.50
Evening - adult $7.75, child/senior $5.00
Super Thursday - each show all-day seniors $3.50

Steven Gorsky

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-20-2000 03:33 AM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the Central New York area for first run

$6.00 adult mat.
$5.75 childern under 12 and seniors 62 and over at all times
$8.25 adult eve.

Christ, I feel somtimes like I live in New York City....

Gracia L. Babbidge
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-20-2000 05:41 AM      Profile for Gracia L. Babbidge   Author's Homepage   Email Gracia L. Babbidge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some of the [first-run] multiplex ticket prices in Maine (as last I knew them to be):

Lewiston & Auburn:
Matinee, Children & Seniors - $4
Evenings (adults) - $6

Augusta & Brunswick:
Children & Seniors - $5.50-$6.00 range
Adult Matinee - $6.00
Adult Evening - $8.00

Last I knew, Falmouth was at about the same ticket prices as Augusta & Brunswick, with other prices in the greater Portland area being a little higher.

I do know that there are a few sub-run theaters around that have $2 or $3 for their ticket prices.

As for other areas of the state, well, I don't get out that much! A lot of the multiplexes in state are Hoyts locations... Thus, a lot of ticket prices at theaters all over the state are close, if not identical to the theater nearest to that particular location.

:::needs to get some sleep!:::

~The Purple-Tressed Booth B*tch

------------------
In some cultures, what I do is considered normal.

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-20-2000 06:03 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a complicated pricing policy.

$6.75 Adult Friday/Saturday
$6.50 Adult Sunday-Thursday
$4.50 Senior 65+/Child 1-11
$4.50 Matinee (before 5)
$3.50 "Early Bird" (first matinee each movie Monday-Friday)

Shane Pena
Film Handler

- posted 10-20-2000 04:38 PM      Profile for Shane Pena   Author's Homepage   Email Shane Pena   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$3.00 matinee
$6.00 after 5:30
$4.00 child/senior after 5:30

matinee prices will be going to $4.00 soon to help us expand

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 10-23-2000 01:53 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here in Sydney as a rule they are...

Adults: $13.70
Concession: $11
Children: $9.50

Our cinema is a discount first run house...

Adults: $8.00
Concession: $6.00
Children: $4.00

...and not surprisingly, we kick most other cinemas' ass every day of the week on patronage and on box office receipts.

You don't always get what you pay for. Some of the 'upper end' cinemas are charging full price for a postage stamp screen running a CP50 so only Dolby 'A' at best...(what is that 1982 technology?) and they still have the gall to announce they have 'state-of-the-art' picture and sound!! We charge almost half what they do, have DTS and SRD in every screen and, of course, are the only cinema in Sydney (for that matter in Australia, unless someone points out otherwise) running Film Guard.

Steve Scott
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-25-2000 06:31 PM      Profile for Steve Scott   Email Steve Scott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Matinee shows (before 5:30):$4.50

Adult:$7.00
Childeren/Seniors (over 65):$4.50

We also have discount night on Teusday, where all of the shows (except the ones the studios don't allow discounts on) are the matinee price.

We beat all of the surrounding 1st run houses by $0.25 to $2.50, and because of that, we usually get the most people per night. Or so I've heard.

------------------
"Trying is the first step towards failure!"
-Homer Simpson

Rory Burke
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2000 04:41 PM      Profile for Rory Burke   Email Rory Burke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While pricing does vary as always, typical Mexican movie going prices are as follows...

Adult General Admission (8p.m. opening night)
38 pesos ($4.50 US)
Large Popcorn
23 pesos ($2.50 US)
Large Soda
19 pesos ($2.10 US)
Hot Dog
15 pesos ($1.75 US)

Rory

Tal Marks
Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2000 06:06 PM      Profile for Tal Marks   Author's Homepage   Email Tal Marks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently returned from a vacation in London. I attempted to see "O Brother, Where art Thou" since it wasn't in the states yet and they had the nerve to charge me £10 (which roughly translates to $15). My friend and i agreed to wait for the US release.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 05-01-2007 04:31 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 2374 days since the last post.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: