Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Technicolor as a Penal Institution

Author Topic: Technicolor as a Penal Institution
Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-11-2000 07:05 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder?

I saw on Dateline (Always reliable ) that prisioners in some state prisions are put to work as telemarketers and phone answers.

Now this seems to be a popular theme in novels too. I read the latest V. I. Warshawski novel called Hard Time and in it the prisoners were manning the phones.

So what do you think? Is technicolor using inmates to take our calls? Let's ask the next time we aren't getting the answers that we want.

"No, I'm sorry we can't get you that trailer." Me "Are you a prisoner?" I'll bet that's why we can't get any customer service out of them.

|  IP: Logged

Tom Kroening
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2000 06:20 PM      Profile for Tom Kroening   Email Tom Kroening   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL... i bet you are right. I work with another manager that routinely has long conversations with the EDI people! He'll sit there and talk to them for 15 minutes. Its funny as hell, you should try it sometime ; )

John F. Schultz
Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2000 08:10 PM      Profile for John F. Schultz   Author's Homepage   Email John F. Schultz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is about Technicolor but somebody brought up EDI and I gotta say they are some irritating SOBS. Just last night I had they called and instead of "EDI can we get your movie grosses please" it was "i need you movie grosses now". What happened to being polite? Bad enough they take 30 minutes and ask me to repeat nearly every movie 10 times. Anyways just my thoughts.

Sean M. Grimes
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2000 08:59 PM      Profile for Sean M. Grimes   Author's Homepage   Email Sean M. Grimes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys why don't you just fax your grosses in? I havent talked to someone from EDI in about four months. Their fax is toll free and well just about every chain has a way to print them out or collects them manually. Save yourself the trouble of people who cant understand english. A toll free number and your theater code written on top of a gross sheet is all you need!!!

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2000 09:06 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When we first opened, I got the calls from AC Neilson/EDI and I said "I don't think I should report to you." I didn't report for about a week.

We did realy well our first week.

Our booker told us that we should report to EDI so that the studios could see how well we are doing a want to give us film. So we report.

This week he doesn't want us to report until Monday so that the competition will not find out how well we are doing on a particular film.

Oh! by the way. We are doing very well with this particular film.

One of our competative theatres in this town never reports to them.

So if you get a rude person, ask them for their name. Then tell them to get stuffed!

When Mr. Supervisor calls the next day for the grosses, just tell him that the guy was rude to you.

Ian Price
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2000 03:06 PM      Profile for Ian Price   Email Ian Price   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dyslexia is a wonderful thing.

I was trying to dial Technicolor, but I think I dialed 1 800 933-4567 and got a sex-line!

Wade Brashers
Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2000 03:22 PM      Profile for Wade Brashers   Email Wade Brashers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe it, in fact I think they have Inmates inspecting the reels when they come in.

State Pen. Wing 1- Laundry
State Pen. Wing 2- Liscence plate stamping
State Pen. Wing 3- TES film inspection

Tom Kroening
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2000 03:41 PM      Profile for Tom Kroening   Email Tom Kroening   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, so this is why i get films that are half heads up and half tails up??? They aren't even in order so you can't use the 6000's!!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: