Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Does anybody know of a good phone answering machine.

Author Topic: Does anybody know of a good phone answering machine.
Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-16-2000 11:09 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our old dinosaur Dinet recording machine finally bit the dust. Does anybody know of a good reliable showtimes answering machine that can handle at least four lines? We already tried the Smart MovieTimes MT4-16 and it didn't work very well. Any help will be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2000 01:06 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jascom makes a very good system. It is digital, and a bit pricey...$2800 or so.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2000 10:14 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you give some information or at least a number?

Mike Spaeth
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2000 11:21 AM      Profile for Mike Spaeth   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Spaeth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah - I'll have to check tomorrow when I go to work.

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 09-17-2000 06:30 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why buy an answering machine? Just get a voicemail box with a published number. That's what we and several other theatres here in N. California use. You pay for one voice mail box, which runs about $20 per month. The great thing about most phone company voice mail systems is that they will answer multiple calls simultaneously. I'd seriously check it out with your phone company. Just remember to leave a few seconds of blank time at the end of your recording so people hang up before the beep. Otherwise every hang-up is a message and you have to go in and clear your voicemail box every couple of days. The phone company doesn't like it when boxes are constantly full - it takes up memory on the system - so just empty it out regularly.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-18-2000 08:01 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Ky, beleve me your answer makes the most since and is very logical. If fact I suggested the very same thing a couple of months ago. Unfortunately logic dosn't always seem to exists in my company and thus I am forced to find one of these machines. Anybody else out there ever forced to shun logic in favor of company policy or because "that is the way that we alway done it"?

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 09-18-2000 01:15 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Michael,

I understand completely. Been there, done that, saw the movie, got the t-shirt, got tired of doing it that way. Logic is a terrible thing to waste, but corporate America seems to waste it by the gallon. Good luck on your quest.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: