Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Trouble getting posters

Author Topic: Trouble getting posters
Dave Ganoe
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2000 05:58 AM      Profile for Dave Ganoe   Email Dave Ganoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else having trouble getting posters? We have been trying to order posters for upcoming movies and are getting told that there is currently nothing in stock. This is from NSS or California. Any suggestions on where we could call to get some new stuff? Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2000 12:54 PM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHat are you trying to order posters for? If it is to far in the future, they may not have them yet. The only thing I have trouble getting are trailers, which are always on backorder.

Dave Ganoe
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-08-2000 02:00 PM      Profile for Dave Ganoe   Email Dave Ganoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We cant get anything either for future releases or current stuff. Never had a problem in the past just all of a sudden.

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2000 02:42 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What company do you work for?

Wade Brashers
Film Handler

- posted 09-09-2000 01:43 PM      Profile for Wade Brashers   Email Wade Brashers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check your local AMC manager on Ebay, they allways have the newest posters and trailers for sale... : )

Ky Boyd
Hey I'm #23

- posted 09-09-2000 05:51 PM      Profile for Ky Boyd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trailers and Ad slicks seem to be the hardest to get, but it seems that anything that comes from National Screen is difficult these days. To be fair, the problem seems to be that stuff is getting to the fulfillment houses (NSS, TES, Consolidated, TDS) late - like just prior to the release. I have found that if you are having problems, it can be beneficial to call the exhibitor relations department at the distrib and nicely discuss the difficulties you are having with them. This is an instance where honey diffinetly works better than vinegar.

Doug Fields
Film Handler

- posted 09-11-2000 08:12 AM      Profile for Doug Fields   Email Doug Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that Technicolor has purchased National Screen Service as of a few months ago. I have periodic problems, and on the chance that I have to get one that nobody has, www.allposters.com, or www.hollywood.com usually has what I am looking for.

------------------
Doug Fields
Union Manager/Operator/Projectionist
Madison Cinema 4
Madison, New Jersey

Jim Ziegler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2000 02:17 AM      Profile for Jim Ziegler   Email Jim Ziegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately, when calling Technicolr and NSS orfdering posters, they ask me if I would like to have them shiped to the theatre address... Makes me wonder if they would ship them where ever I wanted...

Dave Ganoe
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-12-2000 06:00 AM      Profile for Dave Ganoe   Email Dave Ganoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technicolor and NSS are the ones saying that they currently have nothing available no matter what is asked for and neither can give any explination other than they just don't have it. They give the same line to our booker.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: