Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » Highly Skilled Nutcase on the loose... Pappa needs a brand new bag!

Author Topic: Highly Skilled Nutcase on the loose... Pappa needs a brand new bag!
Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 08-28-2000 03:45 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I have thrown in the towel. I have COMPLETELY given up on trying to run a theater. After long and careful consideration and surrendered my operational contracts and my two theaters. What I did get out of it all was a lesson in humility.

The moral of the story.... well there is no moral, but lets face it, the industry sucks right now. And at my advancing age (ok so im not that old but i sure feel it) I really do not want to deal with the daily customer and thier load of BS they carry in with them. Maybe in a few months I may reconsider, but I am just burned out. I have spent 15 years running various retail businesses, and I really need to get out of the front end customer service bit.

That and it just frustrates me so much I cant concentrate on getting my movie projects started.

With all that said, I am now looking for a new career, possibly male prostitution, as I am no longer married. For some reason that just sounds wrong.

I would love to stay within the industry, and would also love to stay within utah (my daughter lives here). I just want to be able to be home at night so I can sleep, and not have to deal with customers going on and on about how I made thier life a living hell by showing up at work.

Ok sleepy time.

Anyone have any suggestions, other than bank robbery?

Dave

PS. Mark, I will be giving you a call monday, its been a while, i may just come down too.

Dave

|  IP: Logged

Randy Loy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-29-2000 07:02 PM      Profile for Randy Loy   Email Randy Loy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck with whatever new adventures you decide to embark on Dave. I can imagine how frustrated you must be after 15 years of dealing directly with the public, particularly as a theatre manager. My involvement in exhibition is limited at this point to projection and to handling the day-to-day business of a trade association for drive-in theatre operators. My full-time employment is as a federal police officer, however, and I know how unreasonable the public can be. (sigh!) Also, I spend plenty of time behind the scenes at various drive-ins and I see the frustrations that outdoor exhibitors face with the public. And that's just one show a night, let alone having to deal with several a day.

It sounds like you still have the movie biz in your blood and it has been my observation that folks in this biz don't wander far from it. They may leave for a few years but a lot of the time they find themselves drawn back in one capacity or another. I hope that after a breather you find your perfect niche.
Good luck!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: