Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Ground Level   » management job

Author Topic: management job
Dave Ganoe
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2000 07:38 AM      Profile for Dave Ganoe   Email Dave Ganoe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any advice out there from current multiplex managers to someone wanting to relocate and get into a management job? I have 8 years experience running a drive in and was responsible for everything at the business, equipment installs, xenon lamp changes, plumbing, electrical, full service concessions, anything and everything. I have a college degree in computer science, very mechanically inclined. Also, did work at an indoor doing changeovers with carbons then helped them move to a platter system. Im from pennsylvania and want to head south. What kinda of starting position can one expect and level of pay starting and as manager. Thanks for any advice and/or information.

dave

|  IP: Logged

Dustin Mitchell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2000 10:44 PM      Profile for Dustin Mitchell   Email Dustin Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First of all:
Where are you located?
Are you willing to relocate? How far are you willing to move?
Are you looking at art house, independent, or multiplex?

Dave Williams
Wet nipple scene

- posted 07-17-2000 02:27 AM      Profile for Dave Williams   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Believe it or not, century theaters is expanding and hiring managers. Look on thier website for application information.
www.centurytheaters.com
or maybe the theaters is theatres... cant tell.. either way they are trying to hire me, but i have way too many things to do, like sit on my ass....

dave

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: