Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Charlie’s Angels (2019)

Author Topic: Charlie’s Angels (2019)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 11-16-2019 04:29 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Regal Warren East, Wichita, KS
AUDITORIUM:10
PRESENTATION: Warren 21 Recline-o-Vision with butt warmers and stadium seating
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Butt warmers non functioning and I’m freaking freezing for some reason
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

I also noticed yesterday, the Voice of the Theatre is done, and they’ve ditched the lowering of the curtain between video ads and trailers.

THE PLOT: There’s a neat invention that can be perverted into a dreadful weapon that must be stopped. Oh noes. Wackiness ensues.

In this new version, Charlie’s Angels is a whole network of Angels and Bosleys (Bosley is actually a rank) around the globe who do James Bond-style missions in Fast & the Furious-style locales (they even acknowledge that franchise about the time you’re thinking it). It’s silly on a Paul Feig level but has a few impressive action scenes. Kristen Stewart is pretty much the reason to see this, but even she isn’t quite as clever as some are making her out to be.

It still ended up being better than I expected it to, which is to say I had really super low expectations.

|  IP: Logged

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 11-29-2019 01:05 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished playing this for a week and it's close to a record for lack of people coming to see it. I had nobody come to the movie at all on three nights out of the seven, and I could count the crowd on one hand for the other nights.

Sheesh.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 11-29-2019 07:57 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they can try another reboot next year...

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-03-2019 09:05 PM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Sam Graham
I also noticed yesterday, the Voice of the Theatre is done, and they’ve ditched the lowering of the curtain between video ads and trailers.
Hey thanks Regal! [puke]

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-23-2019 12:29 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No more VOTT at Warrens??? I'll second that Buck. [puke]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: