Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Annabelle Comes Home (2019)

Author Topic: Annabelle Comes Home (2019)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 06-28-2019 04:00 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Megaplex at Jordan Commons, Sandy, UT
AUDITORIUM: 3
PRESENTATION: Megaplex Recline-o-Vision with butt warmers and Dolby Digital Cinema DLP by Texas Instruments at what has to be the only chain in the country to still play those promo trailers
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Dark picture
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

THE PLOT: A stupid girl does something stupid. Wackiness ensues.

The thing to understand going in is this is a thriller, not a slasher. The “bloodiest” scene in this involves a mishap with spaghetti sauce. The setup, pace, and scare moments are pure teen slasher flick, but if you want blood and bodies, you’re not gonna get it. This can probably go right to cable or broadcast TV without a single edit.

It is, however, well rounded, well paced, and has solid character development. Even the stupid girl doing the stupid thing turns out to have a pretty good reason for her actions that leads to a really touching ending.

Pleasantly surprised.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-14-2019 08:40 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, the MPAA this an R-rating is a joke and pointless

as to the movie itself, I really dug the atmosphere and creepiness of it, maybe ten minutes of trims could have sped up a bit, but all in all - thumbs up!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: