Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)

Author Topic: The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (2019)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 02-10-2019 03:32 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: ShowBiz Edmond, Edmond, OK
AUDITORIUM: 1
PRESENTATION: ShowBiz SDX (“Superior Douchebag Experience” Recline-o-Vision with Dolby Atmos and a 4K image projected from freaking laser beams
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: No butt warmers? What is this, 2015?
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

Wow this lobby is a mess. They’ve packed a big arcade, cafe, concession stand, and bar in a space that feels smaller than my local Cinemarkury lobby. It took me two trips around the whole area to figure out where the actual auditorium corridor was.

THE PLOT: Little sisters ruin everything. Wackiness ensues.

We start off with real world Dad declaring the son is now allowed to play in the basement and...in an onimous tone...his little sister. Back in the Lego world, everyone has toughened up and become all gothy as a defense mechanism against the Duplo (little kid Lego blocks) and the fear of “Armomageddon.” If you can’t see where this is going, consult your neurologist. Seriously...you’re brain-damaged.

The original movie was a surprise for a lot of people, especially that ending. This movie follows that exact path. It’s just as clever and funny up until the ending, which I did not like at all. Maybe it was because I correctly guessed who the real villain was and what direction this was going, but I left really unsatisfied with how they wound this up.

But prior to that, I was laughing, often out loud, a good 75 percent of the time.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-27-2019 02:48 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the filmmakers were trying to hard for the sequel - it was okay, but nowhere as good or funny as the first movie - I did though laugh out loud at the 'Radiohead/Elliott Smith' comment.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: